Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Revhead
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just tried to replace the cabin air filter on our 2011 987.2 Cayman S. I purchased a Hengst E951LC filter from Pelican Parts, but when I went to install it I found that it simply won't fit. The filter that's currently in there is a Mann CUK3360, and according to their respective web sites both should be the correct fitment for my car and both measure within a couple of millimeters of 325x165. However, the Mann that's currently in there - and the plastic receptacle that it sits in - actually measures just a little over 155mm wide! Both filters have a plastic end piece which prevents them being compressed, but on the Hengst that piece is nearly 10mm wider than the receptacle it has to go into, so there's no way this filter is going to fit.

So what gives? Did Porsche change the size of this receiver at some point and not tell anyone? And why is the Mann actually 155mm wide despite being spec'ed at 165?

Pelican's support line is closed for the weekend, but I've written them explaining the situation and requesting a replacement Mann if I pay the price difference, but I don't believe I should be required to pay shipping again, or pay to return this one to them. (I've also subsequently discovered that I can get the same Mann filter for ten bucks less on Amazon, so I know where I'll be buying them in future.)

Thoughts?

·
Registered
60 Posts
I had the same thing happen on a filter (different brand than listed above) I purchased from FCP Euro. It was spec'd for a 2012 but it just didnt fit, had to return it for a Mann filter.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Mann 3360 in my 987.1.
I tried to use a non-Mann cabin air filter in my Benz C250. Would not fit. Ordered Mann filter and it fit perfectly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts