Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I perused through every member gallery on the site and selected those pictures that 'I' thought would make nice calendar photos. Then I arranged them by theme, color, andgle, as best as possible with the photos I gathered.

What you see is black and white snippets. And all of the photos are not of the correct resolution needed for printing. We will need 300 dpi. Most of these (in color, in the calendar software) are at about 75-90 dpi.

This is just a style swag. If the phots you see are from your personal collection, and can be provided at a higher resolution, please let me know.

Thanks,

/UserFiles/cover1.gif

/UserFiles/jan.gif
/UserFiles/feb.gif
/UserFiles/mar.gif
/UserFiles/apr.gif
/UserFiles/may.gif
/UserFiles/jun.gif
/UserFiles/jul.gif
/UserFiles/nov.gif
Note: not all months are posted. I'm just looking for feed back here.

In addition, I am thinking that we could have some text for each month. Not that necessarily goes with the phots, but something from the posts that is funny, depicts the long wait, joy of driving, or further defines the Cayman experience.

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
Good job. My only comment is to switch out one of the 'butt' shots in the JUNE page to have one 'nose front' and one 'butt' shot. Mix it up maybe?

Great job though!

Shane

·
Premium Member
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good job. My only comment is to switch out one of the 'butt' shots in the JUNE page to have one 'nose front' and one 'butt' shot. Mix it up maybe?

Great job though!

Shane
Shane, good idea. On the June, layout, you really need to see the shots in color. With the calendar software that I used, it isn't possible to view save in color for viewing. I can purchase the personal edition which allows exporting a pdf in color. And I can certainly do that. For now, I just want to make sure that this is moving in right direction.

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
I'm sure I'd like both shots (June). I just want you to trade out one picture with another month that has two pics. So.... for both those months you get a front/rear shot. Regardless of your decision, the calendar looks great. Essentially, either way, you'd be keeping all the same pics. Just moving and swapping the place of two of them.

Shane

Edited by - Helo Driver on 05/16/2006 4:10:04 PM

·
Premium Member
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm sure I'd like both shots (June). I just want you to trade out one picture with another month that has two pics. So.... for both those months you get a front/rear shot. Regardless of your decision, the calendar looks great. Essentially, either way, you'd be keeping all the same pics. Just moving and swapping the place of two of them.

Shane Edited by - Helo Driver on 05/16/2006 4:10:04 PM
Sort of like this? :

/UserFiles/aug.gif

·
Registered
635 Posts
Thanks for heading us in (what I think is) the right direction; pretty neat concept, and the logo looks awesome.

My personal preference is for one large picture per month, preferably from side (or 3/4 from front or rear). I think that would give nice combo of car <u>and </u>scenery. But I understand the attraction of front and rear shots to give plenty of variety.

·
Premium Member
479 Posts
I'm also a bit confused. Where are the pictures supposed to come from? I understood it was from the Cayman Calendar image section, where everyone can vote on the pictures?

The calendar looks great, logos look great, but the pictures might not be to everyone's taste (Although some are really nice)

·
Premium Member
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
/UserFiles/sep.gif

/UserFiles/oct.gif
/UserFiles/dec.gif

·
Registered
635 Posts
Those 'multi-Cayman' shots at the Blackhawk are great. I was, and still am, floored by the coincidence that all the cars were the same color. I know Arctic Silver is by far the most popular color, but still.....I think at least one of those shots is a 'must' for the calendar.

·
Premium Member
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, and K-Man S can chime in here. It was I that suggested a Calendar, and was soliciting feedback. Then Ken suggested a photo contest, but I never saw a gallery location or anyone posting. So, I took it upon myself to move the ball along a little.

What I have done here is not a 'set in concrete' effort. In fact, anyone can go to digi-labs, build their own Cayman calendar, pay about $25 and have it printed and shipped to them in a few days.

But, you have to have higher resolution photos to do so.

I was just trying to add a little artistic initiative to get this project off the ground, and hopefully finished before, say Nov 2006. If anyone would like to help, please jump in. I do think that we will need to have a clearing house, if it will be a joint effort though.

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
Well, and K-Man S can chime in here. It was I that suggested a Calendar, and was soliciting feedback. Then Ken suggested a photo contest, but I never saw a gallery location or anyone posting. So, I took it upon myself to move the ball along a little.

What I have done here is not a 'set in concrete' effort. In fact, anyone can go to digi-labs, build their own Cayman calendar, pay about $25 and have it printed and shipped to them in a few days.

But, you have to have higher resolution photos to do so.

I was just trying to add a little artistic initiative to get this project off the ground, and hopefully finished before, say Nov 2006. If anyone would like to help, please jump in. I do think that we will need to have a clearing house, if it will be a joint effort though.

dude...some nice work indeed. K-Man S did set up an area for us to submit a pic for the calander, its here....

http://www.caymanclub.net/pic_showsub.asp?cat_id=358&Cat=Cayman+Photo+Contest

I took some this weekend but none of them were really very fantastic. I want to get some shots of the cayman in motion, so i am gonna get a friend of mine to drive it while i shoot away. we got some more time, but there is a deadline, so I'm sure K-Man S hasnt forgotten about it.

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
great job on getting the ball rolling on the calendar. the pics and layout are looking good. i cant wait to see it on my wall by the end of the year hopefully!! i appreciate all that you do.this site is the greatest.

·
Registered
35 Posts
fmarshall.

I'm still sitting here waiting for delivery - should arrive in San Diego May 28. As soon as its got a few miles on I'm heading for Tioga Pass and will send a couple of photos. They may not make the 2007 calendar, but may be a 'natural high' for 2008.

·
Premium Member
479 Posts
This last set of pics are great. I really like the one with all the Caymans lined up and both of the September shots, good work

1 - 20 of 33 Posts