Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody had their car smog tested for registration in California after an exhaust upgrade, a flash to the ECU such as Softronic, or the TPC turbo installation? My warranty expires next month and I am looking at the Softronic and plenum install but am worried about passing Ca. smog. Prior cars I had I kept the smog equipment and had to reinstall it to pass the smog test for registration.
Mike

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
If a car with a TPC turbo passed in California, it would be due to an incompetent inspector, flawed inspection procedure, or fraud. Any inspector should be able to detect that the turbo is non stock.

The Borla exhaust removes the rear catalysts, however it has been said that if the car is tested when it is warm, ie the front catalytic converters are hot, the car will pass the tailpipe smog test. However you are still subject to whether the non stock exhaust can be detected by the inspector. If it is, automatic fail.

No clue on SRP/plenum/throttle body.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I have a 2006 CS with a Revo chip flash upgrade along with an under drive pulley. Just did my first CA smog test and passed with no problems. I was a bit worried about the chip upgrade but no issues.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.