Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was in for my 2 year maintenance and noticed a "new" service being offered. They will powder coat/bake brake calipers in any color for $2800.

I had wanted to order red calipers when I bought the vehicle, but because it wasn't an S, couldn't. This price seems a bit much for just a color change (and caliper paint seems too cheesy). I made an off hand comment about just replacing with new calipers and he quoted me something like $3200 a piece!!

I may have been born at night, but it wasn't last night!! On Suncoast you can do the 6 piston upgrade & match the rears for considerably less. The only thing I'm hesitant about is that the 6 piston upgrade isn't recommended.

This is a long winded way of asking what other calipers people upgrade to? My desire to do so is mostly cosmetic, but I do intend to track the car much more often... though I haven't had any brake issues yet so far, a performance boost would be interesting. (I was planning on trying Pagid Yellows the next time I needed to change pads.)

·
Registered
583 Posts
If you want bigger brakes for the bling factor, go for it. If you want to stop the car, and better manage heat... sticky tires, St43 pads,Motul 600 fluid. The stock brake hardware is actually pretty awesome.

·
Registered
162 Posts
You can buy all new S rotors and calipers for less than that price. Or some of the other vendors on here will refinish calipers also for much less.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts