Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been lurking here for several months. First post. Hope you guys can help me.

I've been troubleshooting an cold engine tick noise on my '06 987.1 CS. One of the things I've done as a test is to swap the VarioCam solenoid between the left and right side of the engine. After the swap, I took it for a drive and about 15 miles in, I got a CEL light which turned out to be P0010.

P0010, according to Durametric, is "Intake camshaft adjuster final state, bank 1". I cleared it, and it came up again. So, I turned on logging of "Actual Values" in Durametric to monitor the camshaft data. All camshaft data (Nominal, Actual, Deviation) is all showing 0.0000 in Durametric for both banks. I logged this a couple weeks ago, and the data looked good and reasonable. I assume the 0.0000 reading is triggering the CEL, but it's only on the bank 1 even though both banks are showing 0.0000.

Any ideas why I'm unable to read camshaft data? Any thoughts on a resolution?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I resolved this issue this morning. I ended up having to re-seat all four Variocam solenoids. Must have been a loose or intermittent connection.

No CEL and all cam data appears normal.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't have pics, but they're impossible to miss.

On each side of the engine, you have three coil packs and two solenoids. The two solenoids (per side) are what I re-connected.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.