Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a 912 Porsche (smaller engine when 911 first came out) eons ago and then a mid-engine 914 (the 912 rusted away up north where they salted the roads) and then later a 924 front engine and then drifted away from Porsche to other cars and finally decided it was time to come "home" to Porsche and so got a 2010 Boxster.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Welcome back. A lot had changed especially in recent years. Your new Boxster has many nifty features (see the owner's manual) and is wonderful to drive. It has a broad torque curve earlier Porche's did NOT ahve so sometimes I think I'm in an automatic. Just for instance.

After it is broken in, may I suggest a mini-vacation away from cities and with twisty roads. Wonderful car. Welcome back and drive sae. Ed

·
Tennessee Vol
649 Posts
I had a 912 Porsche (smaller engine when 911 first came out) eons ago and then a mid-engine 914 (the 912 rusted away up north where they salted the roads) and then later a 924 front engine and then drifted away from Porsche to other cars and finally decided it was time to come "home" to Porsche and so got a 2010 Boxster.
Congrats and welcome back to the club! Enjoy!:cheers:

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
By owning all the 4 cylinder Porsches you were missing most of what Porsche had to offer. Welcome to the 6-cylinder world!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Welcome back! I'm a serial Porsche owner too... or is the "repeat offender"? Regardless there is nothing like driving a Porsche!

·
Registered
252 Posts
By owning all the 4 cylinder Porsches you were missing most of what Porsche had to offer. Welcome to the 6-cylinder world!
My one other Porsche 35 years ago was a '62 356B S90, 4 cylinder. She was a sweet car, had plenty of torque and was plenty fast. I wish many times I still had her to garage with my Cayman, as they both have their place. The ones we have today owe (and you can see it in the Cayman's lines) their lineage to their 4 cylinder "grand parents" and I'm glad the factory keeps the heritage visible.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Lots of repeat offenders on this site. As for 4 cyls my 86 944T had plenty of jam and was a fabulous GT car. Given the times it was every bit as nice as the Cayman. Many thought the 911 was on it's last legs in those days,and many of us were happy with the front engine cars 4 or 8 cylinders. I'm happy that the 911 soldiered on and that Porsche finally put the flat6 in our fabulous mid-engined cars. Long live the Cayman and the Boxster!:cheers:

·
Enjoying the drive.
1,265 Posts
Congrats. You sure have had a variety of Porsches.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Welcome home. You've had a nice string of Porsches but the Boxster will be the exclamation point on the rest!
BW

·
Registered
732 Posts
Congrats. It's a new Porsche world. I went from a '65 356 SC to an 07 Cayman S with many different cars & 25 years before my return to P cars.
The driving fun is even better!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts