Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see YouTube videos of guys on track and at the bottom of the screen is an overlay showing speed, lap time, location on track, etc. Who makes the best ones? Is it part of a package that includes a camera, or is it usable with any camera?

·
Registered
229 Posts
I like Harry's lap timer, an app on the web

Reactions: CGH3

·
Registered
271 Posts
I like Harry's lap timer, an app on the web
Harry's is great and cheap. All you need is an iPhone and a rigid window mount (RAM). For best results you also need an OBD device of some sort. I use a Kiwi3.

I suspect many people don't know the data can be downloaded in csv form, loaded into a spreadsheet and plotted, maybe almost as good as the high priced spreads, albeit with more work. On a mac you can also single-step the videos in Quicktime. I imagine similar is available in Windows.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Waylens has a package -camera, app, overlays. I also use dashware - mostly because of the gauge customizations- 981 CS gauges

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: squeaks5635

·
Vendor
7 Posts
The Smartycam is nice and easy but if you already have a gopro or camera that you like there are a few programs out there that are pretty good at doing the data overlay from the Solo DL. However if you're buying both, just get the smartycam.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I use track addict on Android. It works with GoPro cameras out of the box. Basically what that means is the app will kick off recording on the camera when you get to a specific velocity or gear. You would also purchase a OBD Bluetooth adapter to plug into your car. The app will use this to get telemetry data off the car. You then merge video and data together after the fact, and get something that looks like this: https://youtu.be/BD6ANqrHWzk

Note in the above I had two cameras running. You can merge many into one easily using software called race render.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
207 Posts
Harry's is the easiest since you can just use your iphone and it's a quick upload to youtube. But you can also add additional gopro cameras for multi angle, plus bluetooth add ons for additional data, gps, sound etc.

·
Registered
525 Posts
For people allergic to iOS I'd recommend RaceChrono pro. Does everything you need and more, and can render the video in-app on your phone.

·
Registered
72 Posts
re
Waylens has a package -camera, app, overlays. I also use dashware - mostly because of the gauge customizations- 981 CS gauges

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sample screenshot - showing standard Waylens overlay with customized Dashware 981 cluster

Attachments

Reactions: gearFX
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.