Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.

First post after lurking here for a few months. Like so many before me, I'm hunting for a new 981. It would be my first Porsche, and I am super excited. My wife said if the accountant and financial advisor okay it, I could do it. :banana:

What I would like to know is, Planet 9 seems to have some pull with US dealerships for discounts, but is there any equivalent pull in Canada? I am in Nanaimo BC, and the SA at Vancouver Porsche was adamant that they don't budge from MSRP. I have yet to contact Victoria, Langley, or Kelowna, but am planning to. Any BCers here have any experience with any of these dealerships or have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Welcome to P9, lots of good info here, from my experience in Canada you don't get the discounts, you might get a individual dealer consession. The prices seem to be pretty fair last time I checked in light of the low Canadian to US dollar here. They are great cars, good luck.

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
I've heard from numerous folks that the BC dealers are stingy with discounts. Calgary is a bit more flexible...don't have any info about the Edmonton dealer.

Reactions: Spectre

·
Registered
91 Posts
They all start out with this "we don't discount nonsense", they most certainly will discount, just like every other manufacturers.

Cayman sales are microscopic and anything on a dealer lot will certainly be in play for a discount, expect minimum 5%.

Be smart, show interest but be clear you are willing to pay a fair price and get them to make YOU an offer.

It's all a game and they are trying you on for size, don't be a victim.

All the best in your hunt!

·
Registered
688 Posts
Calgary will discount on something they want to move, so it depends on stock. Don't forget about the Saskatoon dealer who may be very motivated to move volume.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to everyone who've chimed in so far. Greatly appreciated. I'll do what I can to negotiate, and my past history suggests I do fairly well, but it does appear the BC Porsche dealers don't bluff easy.

i thought about getting it out of province, but unless I can get a whopping deal (like 9% off), then it doesn't make much fiscal sense. BC treats out of province cars like they're out of country. Then there are the provincial taxes and possible transport fees. I'll definitely keep it in mind though. Thank you. :)

·
Registered
688 Posts
Buying an out of province car is easier than you might think (All they really care about is getting the tax dollars). It's worth a couple of phone calls to get 10%.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So far, Victoria, Langley, and Calgary are all humming the same tune. The Calgary SA I spoke to even said "we want to honour our Vancouver representatives and don't want to compete with them."

SRSLY?!?

·
Registered
688 Posts
I've never heard them take that line before in Calgary. They used to happily deal with those who didn't like the Wet Coast stealers.

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
I've never heard them take that line before in Calgary. They used to happily deal with those who didn't like the Wet Coast stealers.
I can see why SA would respond that way if the call or email looked like the prospective buyer was playing dealers off against each other. I wouldn't have even mentioned other dealers...just asked for the deal I wanted and then begun the negotiation.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I can see why SA would respond that way if the call or email looked like the prospective buyer was playing dealers off against each other. I wouldn't have even mentioned other dealers...just asked for the deal I wanted and then begun the negotiation.
Thst's good advice, thank you....but he (Calgary SA) also told me they don't have anymore GTS allocations (which I'm hunting for)

·
Registered
688 Posts
If I was you, I'd call Saskatoon and just say you are looking to order a GTS wondering if they still had one. Then try Winnipeg.

They are both very small markets

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for their advice. I ordered my GTS before the weekend, and got 2.7% off. It's not huge, but it helps. Tim from Porsche London has been great.

FYI, Winnipeg laughed at me, laughed, when I tried to negotiated, and was pushing me to the GTS they had on the lot. Saskatoon was a very promising group, though, and if it weren't for Tim and London I might have purchased from them instead.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts