Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The question is pretty straightforward, but I can't seem to find any answers here on the board through searching. I'm currently researching my options for upgrading the rather poor factory bose system on my 2007 Cayman S, and one of my concerns is the tweeter mounting space. I might use a tweeter with a deeper rear chamber if there is room to install one, but I have not seen any pictures of the process of changing out the tweeters at all, which is rather strange for a car this old. Really there is a general dearth of pictures of any audio upgrades in general, but specifically I can't find anything on the tweeters themselves. So how much room is there in the dash below the mounting location? Would a tweeter with a rear chamber at all work in this spot? or will I be forced to mount in the A-pillars for example?

Here is a picture of the style of tweeter I would like to use.
d3004_6040-10.jpg

Alternatively, I would be using one like the following.
d3004_6040-00.jpg

The general plan so far is to use 2 amplifiers I already have from a previous car mounted in the frunk, and build a 3 way component set with 8" woofers and upgraded mids and tweets, preferably in factory locations. I will also use a DSP, most likely a miniDSP C-DSP 6x8, but possibly something else similar. Head unit is still up in the air, as I am really not liking my choices at the moment. I can't believe that in 2017 nobody has a double DIN head unit that will do wireless connection to your phone, has a digital out, and supports alternative navigation apps like Waze. It's frankly a little bizarre how poor the choices are, especially at the stratospheric asking prices for what boils down to not much in the grand scheme.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts