Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my 2012 987.2 CS with Bi-Xenon / PDLS headlights does not have fog lights. But the actual fog lights are installed on the front of the car and I can see the lighting element inside the reflector assembly. These lights never come on.

So, is it possible to have the dealer install a different OEM light switch that would activate the fog lights, or would they need replace a wiring harness in the car? Or is it not possible at all?

Thanks.

·
PCA Member and DE Instructor
3,078 Posts
Those are the DRLs as described in your manual.

·
Registered
453 Posts
There are no fog lights with cars equipped with Bi-Xenon lights.
Those lights you have are the daytime driving lights and they should come on with the light switch in 'HOME' position.

The manual explains the 'HOME' position and what it does with those lights.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There are no fog lights with cars equipped with Bi-Xenon lights.
Those lights you have are the daytime driving lights and they should come on with the light switch in 'HOME' position.

The manual explains the 'HOME' position and what it does with those lights.
OK, I thought the LED spars were the DRLs. I've seen other Porsches around here running with the LED spars on in the daylight, so I assumed they are the DRLs.

BTW, my DRLs don't work either. The LED spars only light when the light switch is set for parking lights or headlights. Nothing (neither the round lights nor the LED spars) light when the switch is off or home.

The window sticker and build sheet say I have DRLs, the manual shows how to activate the DRLs in the computer menu but the computer menu to set the DRLs does not show up in my car's computer.

So the round lights never come on.

Time to talk to the dealer, I guess.

·
Registered
453 Posts
So the round lights never come on.Time to talk to the dealer, I guess.
Yeah - I would talk to the dealer. Not sure if you bought it used but a previous owner could have had a dealer reprogram the lights.

Here is how mine work:

Lightswitch position OFF: no lights
Lightswitch position HOME: round lights on front are on
Lightswitch position 1 (small light symbol): LED spars, orange side markers and rear lights are on - round lights are off.
Lightswitch position 2 (larger light symbol): LED spars, headlamps, side markers and rear lights are on - round lights are off.
Lightswitch pulled out: Same as position 2 but rear fog lights are on too.

Leaving the lightswitch on position HOME all the time also activates 'welcome home' lighting of the car after you get out and lock the car.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah - I would talk to the dealer. Not sure if you bought it used but a previous owner could have had a dealer reprogram the lights.

Here is how mine work:

Lightswitch position OFF: no lights
Lightswitch position HOME: round lights on front are on
Lightswitch position 1 (small light symbol): LED spars, orange side markers and rear lights are on - round lights are off.
Lightswitch position 2 (larger light symbol): LED spars, headlamps, side markers and rear lights are on - round lights are off.
Lightswitch pulled out: Same as position 2 but rear fog lights are on too.

Leaving the lightswitch on position HOME all the time also activates 'welcome home' lighting of the car after you get out and lock the car.

Thank you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts