Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I have a 09 Cayman S Gen 2, I have looked at the Porsche Sports Exhaust Diagram and would like to try modding my own exhaust to sound like a Sports Exhaust!!

Would this be possible??

It would involve cutting and rewelding etc.. But I can't really justify spending over £2,000 on a pse one.

any suggestions???

:cheers:

·
Super Moderator
6,027 Posts
I don't think I've ever seen anyone try this before, especially not on a Gen II Cayman.

If you like, I have a 987.2 OEM exhaust sitting in my garage (replaced mine with a Borla) that I could sell to you if you want to experiment.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Hi! I have a 09 Cayman S Gen 2, I have looked at the Porsche Sports Exhaust Diagram and would like to try modding my own exhaust to sound like a Sports Exhaust!!

Would this be possible??

It would involve cutting and rewelding etc.. But I can't really justify spending over £2,000 on a pse one.

any suggestions???

It seems to me that it would be VERY straightforward to do. 996/997 guys do this all the time.

Tomasz

·
Premium Member
3,810 Posts
Check out CARNEWAL.COM - it is a Belgium-based company that modifies the stock exhaust for increased performance and sound. I know they do the first gen exhausts, but I'm not sure about the Gen 2, so you might have to contact them directly. The price is fairly reasonable with a core exchange.

You might try and PM or email member ET19 (in G.B.) who has one, for more info.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for suggesting Carnewal.. I'm getting one of their GT exhausts in a few days.. I will post a video on Youtube once fitted and you guys may all benefit from it.. Thanks again for your help.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Sometimes, when people cut into exhausts and 'modify' them, they end up with problems.... some flat spotting on acceleration and even less power. It can be a crapshoot doing it yourself.

good luck,

kj

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hell just cut them and gut them, it's what I did. I had posted a thread here a couple years back about the process but I think have since removed the photos of what we did.

I bought a used exhaust 3 years ago for $300 shipped to overseas while i was still there so you should be able to get one for that price today used. People would be insane to try selling them for much more if they came off as a replacement for a $1K aftermarket unit!

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Sometimes, when people cut into exhausts and 'modify' them, they end up with problems.... some flat spotting on acceleration and even less power. It can be a crapshoot doing it yourself.

good luck,

kj
Really. I haven't come across any information to support your opinion. I guess I rolled the dice unknowingly and won. Great sound and no loss in acceleration from the exhaust hack.

·
Registered
208 Posts
We know about the free exhaust hack, and about the Techart tip... why can't someone come up with a low cost tip that ties the crossover onto the exhaust outlet. It just doesn't look impossible... Dream Two???:)

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
You mean a Tech Art copy at a reasonable price? BTW, would love to sell my TechArh. Best offer.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Has anyone ever thought of plugging the cross-over pipes? Wouldn't this give a deeper tone to the exhaust note?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts