Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone, first post here. Starting to ramp up my effort to find the right car. This one didn't seem too bad.

Car is a 2008 Cayman S, has the Sprt Chrono track timer on the dash, sport button and has what looks like a spring/shock button next to it. Tried to do a VIN decoder, but havent gotten the detailed option list

VIN is WP0AB29808U782386

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
The Sport button activates Sport Chrono. In addition to being a track timer, it maps the throttle to react 20% faster. The shock button activates PASM from normal shock setting to sport mode.

The build sheet shows this one to have nice options. Sport Chrono, PASM, and sport seats would make this one a nice track car.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm really tempted to take a closer and serious look at this car. The used lot got it from an auction but they offer an extended warranty that covers the car for 5 years or 100k miles and I asked if it stops at 100 or is it 100 on top, and he said 100 on top. It already just crossed 100, so I feel like this might be good insurance. At least I wouldn't be paranoid about the IMS issue....

Thoughts, opinions? Anyone want to buy a 08 c350. It's a wonderful daily but it's not a Cayman S

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Moved too slow on the other one and it's gone now...

Can anyone run this one for me?

wpoab29857u782639

Also, is there a way I can do this myself since this might be along process and I don't want to bug anyone

·
Registered
41 Posts
Moved too slow on the other one and it's gone now...

Can anyone run this one for me?

wpoab29857u782639

Also, is there a way I can do this myself since this might be along process and I don't want to bug anyone

I run the VIN through a shortcut to access the Porsche dealer database:

https://admin.porschedealer.com/reports/build_sheets/print.php?vin=<VIN here>

It'll open a print window, but you can just close that and the build sheet will be visible.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.