Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious if the SmartTop system offers something I won't get from a third party alarm system like Compustar. I know Compustar has modules you can add which will allow you to control your windows, heated seats, defrost or just about anything you can imagine. I assume you can also hook it up to the car's top so I'm curious if anyone here has done that with an aftermarket alarm / starter system. I also know there is a module you can get to allow access from the mobile application so you would be able to control all of these accessory items through your phone.

A second question I had about this is that Compustar specifically states in their installation manual that you should not install it on any convertible. Does anyone know why? The manual doesn't specify a reason, they just repeatedly state it should not be done.

I'm trying to decide between SmartTop and Compustar so any information would be helpful.

·
Registered
209 Posts
What year Boxster? As far as controlling the top - that might work fine after someone gets into the car and releases the center-lock on the top, or when putting the top up, fastens it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts