Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought wheels off Panjo...nice 20” OZ Ultraleggeras. I got them on my Cayman and went for a drive only to realize something didn’t feel right. Took it into my tire shop and sure enough, the rear tires had broken steel belts probably caused by the previous owner hitting one of those spots in the road where they are replacing the top layer of asphalt and they just scalp the road leaving a 2” sharp ledge at both ends of said work.
The worst of it is that the inside edge of one of the rims is bent a little bit. It held a bead, so I could maybe mount new tires on the rims but I am concerned about the rim.
My tire place says they can not straighten that edge. Is it possible to do? I have had forged wheels on motorcycles that I have bent in crashes and had to buy new ones...and I can buy another single rim to replace the bent one, but I would rather not.
Any wisdom you all have out there would be very much appreciated!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Don’t know the specifics on these wheels but in general in the states there are vendors who will straighten wheels. I unfortunately have used them several times.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Don’t know the specifics on these wheels but in general in the states there are vendors who will straighten wheels. I unfortunately have used them several times.
Plus 1......There are multiple services in the US that do wheel repair, including some significantly damages wheels, not just cosmetic. I have to believe similar services are available in Germany. Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts