Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel this is some kind of abuse to drive a Porsche like that, nevertheless it does show talent! Anybody drives his Cayman like this?

·
Registered
115 Posts
I'd drive ANYBODY ELSES' Cayman like that!

·
Premium Member
6,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
saucerman said:
I'm confused, isn't that the way they teach everybody to parallel park?
Only to women so they won't need to use the reverse gear! ;)

·
Enjoying the drive.
1,265 Posts
No I can't.

·
Premium Member
6,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've done 2 out of the 3 manuevers shown for the Cayman,
If you are talking about the 2nd and 3rd maneuver... then I envy you!!! :cheers:

Yet, still I have no heart to do so to my "Mistress" !

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I've done a number of these maneuvers in an empty parking lot one rainy night with some old tires. A lot of fun really. Everyone should try a reverse 180 if they ever have the opportunity to do one :)

·
Caymaniac
5,655 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
The basic techniques of the forward 180 ("boot") and reverse 180 ("J-turn") are the same for all vehicles. Finesse, smooth sutle inputs are the keys to perfection. I have been teaching these techniques for over thirty years in "anti-terrorist" training for various government and police agencies. And Yes, I have shown them in a Porsche, '02 Boxster S, Haven't and don't care to try it in my '08 RS-60. The best time to practice is during a rain event however the techniques are just as effective on dry pavement.

·
Premium Member
6,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Registered
224 Posts
Pitch, bank, trim, time to check your R.P.M....Pitch, bank, trim, time to check your R.P.M...

Try a couple of "Settling with Power" demos. You just might see some skid marks.:eek:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts