Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FullSizeRender.jpg

20 Inch wheels came on my used Cayman S. They look similar to some HRE wheels I have seen, but can not find the exact model.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I think they could be HRE 590RS 's - which go for around $7000.

I will be checking the stamps tonight

Could be a nice surprise since the car was already a deal.

HRE 590RS

·
Registered
299 Posts
I am not a wheel expert, but those look like some of the replica "2 piece look" wheels floating around out there. Those are not 590rs's whatever they are.
+1

In my opinion, clearly not anything HRE.

Reactions: Pauly_Wallnuts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay - thank you guys, I felt it was too good to be true. I am a n00b to the Porsche scene, so I can not recognize the replicas that easily.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Im not a wheel snob so some people will take issue with this but....who cares if they are replicas. They look good and unless you are trying to eek out thenths at the race track, having the lightest stiffest unobtanium wheels doesnt really matter.

Someone still dropped a couple large in wheels and tires to put those on. A significant cost savings buying the car outfitted with some nice looking 20's versus doing it yourself.

I still say its a score, as replicas are still a grand minimum and then over a grand in rubber. Thats a couple thousand bucks in your pocket if you were planning on upsizing.

I like those wheels, replicas or not. Throw up a shot of the whole car so we can see the stance and overall look!!!

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Im not a wheel snob so some people will take issue with this but....who cares if they are replicas.
I do, problem with replicas, not only are they heavy, they are not tested and usually not build to standard. I wouldn't take replicas on the track, actually, I wouldn't trust them on the road either. There are plenty of quality wheels at a decent price, no need to take chances on replicas, especially a safety item like wheels.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cayman_S.jpg There's my ride - so you can see the stance, etc.

Im not a wheel snob so some people will take issue with this but....who cares if they are replicas. They look good and unless you are trying to eek out thenths at the race track, having the lightest stiffest unobtanium wheels doesnt really matter.

Someone still dropped a couple large in wheels and tires to put those on. A significant cost savings buying the car outfitted with some nice looking 20's versus doing it yourself.

I still say its a score, as replicas are still a grand minimum and then over a grand in rubber. Thats a couple thousand bucks in your pocket if you were planning on upsizing.

I like those wheels, replicas or not. Throw up a shot of the whole car so we can see the stance and overall look!!!

·
Registered
356 Posts
You might need to take one of the wheels off to see if HRE and serial#s are stamped somewhere near the hub.

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
Can't help you, but love your screen name. I'm a Tony Sirica fan.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts