Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Humm, those don't look like the OEM lug bolts, did you get spacers??? Sure as hell didn't get any wheel washing tools. :hilarious:

Don't worry, my wheels look much worse. You can only do so much...

Are you missing a chunk of sidewall at the 1 o'clock position too?

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
silver center caps? That, or you got wheel cleaner products that you haven't used yet. ;)

·
Borlafide member of Northeast Group
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes the north east snow did me no favors....and you are getting warmer...yes I have spacers 7mm front 14mm rear...but no that is not what I got for christmas nor the silver caps

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
you got rid of the wheel lock and calipers painted red?

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
OK I cheated a bit and looked at your profile. It shows that you have a "Cayman", not a "S". Unless there is a typo, your calipers shouldn't be red!

·
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
you got rid of the wheel lock and calipers painted red?
OK I cheated a bit and looked at your profile. It shows that you have a "Cayman", not a "S". Unless there is a typo, your calipers shouldn't be red!
still wrong but really really close....in a way....correct in I have a cayman and and not an "S"....and the calipers are painted...just not red.....they are powder coated and a spot-on match for my interior color....you can thank the iphone again for the crappy picture.

Great detective work there "PI" stolPete.....and yes a chunk out of my tire thanks to the phine philly roadways...messed up my rim as well but that was fixed.

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
>>>can you tell what I got for Christmas ?

A sense of humor.

You have done nothing to the car but revel in watching a gagle of anal retentive Cayman nuts intently analyzing the photo?

Close?

:)

·
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
>>>can you tell what I got for Christmas ?

A sense of humor.

You have done nothing to the car but revel in watching a gagle of anal retentive Cayman nuts intently analyzing the photo?

Close?

:)
now that is funny :hilarious:

but to answer the question...powder coated brakes in....get this...terracotta.....just bringing the inside to a little of the outside.

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Dammit, I was going to say the caliper color looked a little off, but you kept mentioning the iPhone photos so I dismissed it.

I have see examples of the red "S" rotors that have been tracked extensively change color due to the heat.

Now did you remove all 4 calipers and sent them out to paint or did you do them on the car?

·
Registered
607 Posts
Could you also post some pics of the interior too? I have a 997.2 C2S with the two tone Terracota/black interior with black carpet.

Is your Cayman similar to mine?

·
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Dammit,
Now did you remove all 4 calipers and sent them out to paint or did you do them on the car?
calipers were completely removed, cleaned and prepped, then powered coated for really great results, placed back on the cayman and bleed the system....my only regret is that I didn't buck up and get the bigger brakes then go ahead and get them powder coated...but these brakes work just fine for me

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Interesting. There's another thread going on about the black Cayman calipers fading to silver over time, were yours heading in that direction?

Any theories on why this would happen since you were able to examine the calipers close up?

·
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Interesting. There's another thread going on about the black Cayman calipers fading to silver over time, were yours heading in that direction?

Any theories on why this would happen since you were able to examine the calipers close up?
I did notice this as well BUT I noticed this happened almost immediately after cleaning my wheels with ps2 cleaner - so I stopped using the product - works great for the wheels but not the calibers

1 - 20 of 24 Posts