Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone in Canada has bought a car recently and took benefit of the Canadian Currency Cash Credit offered by Porsche. I assume this is just another way of reducing prices without lowering MSRP. What type of deal did you get all discounts included, if any?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,143 Posts
Anyone in Canada has bought a car recently and took benefit of the Canadian Currency Cash Credit offered by Porsche. I assume this is just another way of reducing prices without lowering MSRP. What type of deal did you get all discounts included, if any?

Thanks
Hadn't heard of this. Is this like they were offering a few years ago when the Canuck buck increased rapidly in value? Maybe time to trade up?;)

·
Premium Member
4,143 Posts
Just ordered and put a deposit on a new 2011 GT3, no discount offered or mention of "Canadian Currency Cash Credits". :confused:
I'm jealous! What colour and when do you get it? Are you trading the 996 in? Inquiring minds want to know! lol

·
Premium Member
540 Posts
I'm jealous! What colour and when do you get it? Are you trading the 996 in? Inquiring minds want to know! lol
Going with RED this time around, need a change from Arctic Silver. It should arrive in Sept 2010.

The 6GT3 will go up for sale (no trade) in May after I return from a HPDE in Denver Colorado. I'm heading to Spring Mountain near Las Vegas on Feb 27 & 28 with 6 other guys from Edmonton for a PCA HPDE event, should be a hoot.

·
Premium Member
4,143 Posts
That will look gorgeous in red. You will have to let me have a sit in the co-pilots seat sometimes. Good for you!:cheers:

·
Registered
567 Posts
When my dealer called me the other day to advise my P-Car is floating over on the Atlantic he made mention of this. I had never heard of it before and haven’t been able to contact them since I am away for the weekend.

Can anyone outline what this consists of…? I posted in my original thread on my order but no one seems to have anything on it…

-RB.

·
Premium Member
4,143 Posts
Do a search on the words 'Canadian, market, adjustment' - there are a few explanatory threads of a situation in 2007 that sounds similar. If it is similar to then, Porsche in Canada first offered ~$10k as a 'market adjustment' option around August in 2007. Months later they announced permanent reductions in list price at a similar level.

Again, don't know if it is the same thing but if it's even close keep your ears to the ground (well,not literally..) as there are savings to be had.

It would be great to have a Porsche dealer associate on this forum that could speak to this. It seems like the customers are the last to know these things, which doesn't help the trust levels. My 2006 was reduced in price by 10% months after I bought it and this issue is still clear in my mind.:cheers:

·
Premium Member
4,143 Posts
Update - they make a rather hidden but clear mention of it on the Canadian website mentioning something like they are accommodating the strong Can buck. They just say to 'see dealer'.

·
Premium Member
540 Posts
^^^^ Please share your findings, I'm very interested to know if my dealer is holding out on me regarding my future P-car.

I too took a hit on my 2007 Boxster S, it drop by $10k 4 months after I purchased it, still a little sore about that one.

·
Premium Member
4,143 Posts
Here's the link to the website. When you first go into the cdn web page (after you select the language) look for one of the icons near the bottom that says something like 'special incentive' - should bring you to this. It does mention that it applies to 'select new models' so I'm guessing that the GT3 may possibly not be included...let us know what you find when you talk to them.

http://www.porsche.com/canada/en/dealer-specialincentive

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
Mr Negative here, sorry. The last cash incentive I believe came in just as I purscased mine, they were throwing in CLIMATE CONTROL HEATED SEATS AND 1 OR 2 other LIGHTLY OPtioned things, part of what was then one of the package options, that they had broken up, wasn'y any savingd to me........hope you get more than that R.B.

·
Registered
567 Posts
It's all good...a few bucks for lunch on Friday or slipping out of the office early would be more than enough.

Haha

- RB.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Great news for Canadians who are taking delivery on a new 2010 Porsche this month!!!

Porsche Canada announces Canadian Currency Credits across its model line
Posted: April 05, 2010, 12:20 PM by Brian Harper

“Available across the entire Porsche range through participating dealers, Canadian Currency Credits act as an effective price adjustment during this time when the Canadian dollar is close to US-dollar parity," says Joe Lawrence, Porsche Canada president and CEO.

Canadian Currency Credits are factory-to-dealer credits available on all 2010 Porsche models as well as the new 2011 Boxster Spyder, says Porsche. They are available to qualified retail customers through participating Porsche dealerships whether the customer pays cash, or leases or finances through Porsche Financial Services.

The Canadian Currency Credit (for April 2010 deliveries) is $4,000 on Boxster models, $4,500 on Cayman models, $6,000 to $9,000 on and 911 models, $2,500 to $8,000 on Cayenne models and $5,000 to $10,500 on Panamera models.

Thank you, Porsche Canada!

:banana::banana::banana:

·
Premium Member
540 Posts
Just signed the order sheet today on my new 2011 GT3 and it included a Cash Credit of $6000.00. I have a June build date so I should have the car in August of this year. :banana:

·
Registered
569 Posts
How did you get the dealer to honour the credit on an order? placing mine this month, thanks, S

·
Registered
1 Posts
it pisses me off so much that the Carrera GTS is 124K while the same car in the USA is 103K

Do Canadians always take it up the *** and smile?

Our Government doesn't do **** to help us import cars from the USA, instead they ****ing hinder us, and make it more difficult, like the car companies own the asshole politicians, even though our votes get them into power.

·
Registered
47 Posts
it's not that difficult to bring a car over from the states. the registrar of imported vehicles web site is quite comprehensive. in 2007 i brought over an almost new boxster; saved 5 figures on it; had almost no miles on it. purchased from a dealer. there was a lot more searching for the proper info back then, but no more. a friend recently brought back an '06 911. no hassles and saved a lot as well. new jersey car that he found advertised in the pca mag. warranty is north american.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Great news for Canadians who are taking delivery on a new 2010 Porsche this month!!!

Porsche Canada announces Canadian Currency Credits across its model line
Posted: April 05, 2010, 12:20 PM by Brian Harper

“Available across the entire Porsche range through participating dealers, Canadian Currency Credits act as an effective price adjustment during this time when the Canadian dollar is close to US-dollar parity," says Joe Lawrence, Porsche Canada president and CEO.

Canadian Currency Credits are factory-to-dealer credits available on all 2010 Porsche models as well as the new 2011 Boxster Spyder, says Porsche. They are available to qualified retail customers through participating Porsche dealerships whether the customer pays cash, or leases or finances through Porsche Financial Services.

The Canadian Currency Credit (for April 2010 deliveries) is $4,000 on Boxster models, $4,500 on Cayman models, $6,000 to $9,000 on and 911 models, $2,500 to $8,000 on Cayenne models and $5,000 to $10,500 on Panamera models.

Thank you, Porsche Canada!

:banana::banana::banana:
I have seen Porsche's Ad. saying the same credits in the Friday car section of the National Post about a month ago.
Call 1-800-Porsche to confirm or get the latest incentives.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts