Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My front end gets a little light in the 130-140 mph range on my '14 BS. Has anyone installed canards to ameliorate front end lift? Was it useful? Did it unbalance the car in the sense that it created a need for more rear downforce than the stock wing in extended mode provides?

·
Registered
26 Posts
My front end gets a little light in the 130-140 mph range on my '14 BS. Has anyone installed canards to ameliorate front end lift? Was it useful? Did it unbalance the car in the sense that it created a need for more rear downforce than the stock wing in extended mode provides?
You may want to investigate mechanical options before adding more aero. More areo means more drag, not an big issue for the 500-700+HP cars, but we are 300+HP cars.

My '15 GTS has X73 and is lowered, and I'm good to the low 150's (may be capable of even more, but low 150's is as fast I've been able to go on the tracks I run).

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got 18's too.

I could go slightly lower with a lower AR Hoosier slick, but is is hard to imagine that would matter very much, and there would be collateral consequences.

This happens at the end of long straights (Road America into Turn 1 and Brainerd into Turn 1) and might be due to topography and wind conditions at those specific locations.

Time for more research....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts