Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, hope someone might be able to help. I recently changed the transmission mounts and brake pads on my CS 2007. Ever since then i have been getting repeated abs/psm failure messages which have been cleared but then return. The error code in my durametric says 4340 stop light switch (there was also P1095 air mass hfm ahead of throttle valve but assume thats an old one to do with my GT3 TB and IPD Plenum). SO i replaced the brake switch but i still get the same error return. I happened to buy two brake light switches and tried another one and same thing. In the durametric software there is a feature called actuated and not actuated where you can seemingly test pedal responses. When i press the brake pedal the actuation happens for the cruise control activation but the various activations for 'stop light switch' won't ever actuate when i press the brake. I also noticed that the 'clutch switch' activation also doesn't work when i press the clutch pedal so im not sure whether something is wrong or i just don't know how to use the software (first time user…). What is really confusing me is there is a brake switch voltage test and when the pedal is not pressed it reads 1.5v but when i press the brake pedal it shoots up to 12v so I'm not sure whether this is an indicator the brake switch is working. So this is driving me nuts, if anyone has any suggestions i would be very grateful. Thanks.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone? It would be good if I could just understand how to test the brake and clutch switch using the dura metric actuation facility. At the moment neither of my switches seems to change anything in the software when the pedals are pressed but there is no clutch switch fault code, only the brake switch.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
seriously, where do you park the car? check if a rodent.. has been going on a wire buffet on your car..

lemon
now you have me worried! It's parked outside...I have tried to take on board the fix yourself ethos but with the electrics I think I will have to throw in the towel and put it into a shop. I have read up some more and it seems the fault codes are not always accurate and consistent so I can see only more frustration!

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
the code will keep popping up..if your circuit is not close.. so if the switches are working... something is grounding your circuit..

lemon

1 - 5 of 5 Posts