1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Im new here,
I have 2 Cayman GTS to selct from at my dealer,

First one is pure white,6 speed manual. Second one is rhodium silver pdk. Booth have satin grey wheels.

And i cant decide which one to buy :eek:

Thanks for advice :)

·
Registered
113 Posts
I'm biased on the silver

Reactions: Mike R.

·
Registered
54 Posts
It comes down to what you really like. It depends on where you live, here in SF with all the steep roads ... I would go for PDK.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I like white and had one but in the winter it looks so cold..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
948 Posts
As with most things Porsche, there are no wrong answers or wrong moves. However, I highly recommend you brew a large pot of coffee and spend the better part of any evening reading all the posts on this forum. I promise you 2 things; 1) - you will be no closer to your decision than when you started :), and 2) - you will know a LOT MORE about the 981 platform than your sales associate!

No wrong answer, just make sure you will be happy because it is expense to chance your mind. But since you asked, White with 6 Speed for me. However, I have a Red with PDK on order!!! :)!!!

·
Registered
294 Posts
Both colors look great.

But I would make the choice based on transmission type. That will have a much larger impact on your ownership experience and satisfaction.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys, this makes it easyer ;)

I come from a Audi RS5, so this will be my first Porsche.

Il like the feeling in the manual, its very nice in sport plus mode. But when it comes to city driving i think would prefer PDK. Then the other hand, this is not a car for daily driving, pure Joy .

Hmm, hard decision :)

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
If this is a "pleasure car" then go for the six speed manual. The reviews rain praise on the 981 shifter as the linkages must have been "improved" due to the new console, and perhaps the new engine compared to the first gen 987. I never found that to be a difficult shift linkage, but the new one is supposed to be budda... In sports mode you get rev-matching, which is cool! And my first choice when ordering my GTS was white, but then I fell back into old habits and went with Jet Black, just because I love seeing a beautiful car in constant need of cleaning and polishing...I've seen a 981 (non-GTS) in white and it looked fantastic--the shape seems to suit white. Even better with Platinum or even black wheels...

·
Registered
83 Posts
If color is truly the main issue, I'd go with the platinum. On that car, it just looks so classy/elegant. For my own car, I wavered back and forth between platinum & what I finally opted for. Went for the racing yellow, even if it looks cheaper, as it is a sports car, damn it.

·
Registered
184 Posts
White, cause it's a 6-speed. "like Budda" is not an overstatement. Mine is strictly a summer weekender.

I just love the rev matching that comes with Sport Chrono although I find myself still manually rev matching:hilarious:

·
Vendor
6,493 Posts
Both colors are easy maintenance. But I'd pick white. Because it looks awesome with dark accents.

·
Premium Member
1,105 Posts
Need I say more? :)

Showroom 1.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,105 Posts
I'm not a white car guy but saw a GTS over the weekend and had to say, it looked amazing. Especially with the black accents.
I agree. This GTS is my first white car. First 981 I saw was white and that was enough to change my mind. And the black exterior bits on the GTS make it even better.

IMAG1909.jpg IMAG1905.jpg IMAG1900.jpg

Reactions: JmanGTS

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Look at Rhodium Silver in different light conditions. Outside in certain situations, it can take on a blue tinge, while inside and at night it will look more like "pure" silver. I custom ordered a '14 BS last year, and waited breathlessly for 4 months...when it arrived, it was the first car to land at the dealer in Rhodium Silver. When I saw the car, i immediately disliked the color...it was NOT the pure silver that I and the dealer were expecting. I came back three times over the next 36 hours to look at the car in different lighting conditions, and the only time it looked silver to me was at night...the rest of the time it looked like blue/silver. Ultimately, I declined to take accept delivery of the car. This is not meant to be a criticism of Rhodium Silver...rather, simply a head's up that if you want "pure" silver, the correct choice is GT Silver, not Rhodium Silver. BTW, the discontinued Platinum Silver isn't "pure" either...it has hints of gold and brown. I could have easily lived with Platinum (it's on our CS) but not Rhodium.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts