Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • NOTICE - Before adding photos to posts on Planet-9, please review: Posting Photos on Planet-9

Can't seem to find my paint code

8K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  Apexhunter987 
#1 ·
I was using my vin to try and find the exact name of my paint and it seems like the paint color is not in the vin.
Is that right?
How do you find the paint color if it is not in the vin?
My 2006 987 is silver so maybe this is easier than I think somehow?

See less See more
#4 ·
In holland it is a black sticker.
top off picture
if not sticker in petrolflap.

Eric V.

#10 ·
Thanks for that, discovered mine is "Dark Olive Metallic". I didn't get an owners manual with my 06 BS and was under the presumption it was Basalt black because its super dark metallic color (only had it in the garage so far and it arrived on the back of a truck super filthy, got quite a bit of work to do on it). Looking forward to getting it outside again even more now.

#15 ·
At Composite Concepts Dist. we regularly get people who want us to paint our aero parts for the,...987 side scoops, Gt4 wings etc. that we produce. After several years of trying to get the paint code I have given up. Just too hard to find on a Porsche. We just ask our customers for the VIN number and the color name and are able to take that to the paint supplier and he has been able to 100% match. Works every time.

Jon

#17 ·
Photo of inside of gas door please..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.