Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed my Capristo exhausts and its fantastic! I can easily feel the gain in the hp especially since mine is a 2.7L. :hilarious: BUT, I do have a problem, when I'm driving between 2,200 - 2,400rpm, there is a very loud sound coming in from the exhausts and it can get irritating after some time. It sounded like a booming sound inside the cabin, but from what I heard, Capristo exhausts shouldn't have any resonance or droning. Anyone else experienced this problem? Does the exhaust needs time to run in? But when the valves open above 3,000RPM, the exhaust is singing music to my ears.....:)

·
Crusin worlds most isolated city
3,755 Posts
That is the drone. I have it as well :( .
The exhaust sound does not change over time.

Love the burble.

·
Administrator
34,646 Posts
That is the drone. I have it as well :( .
The exhaust sound does not change over time.

Love the burble.
That's weird because I have no drone at all and never had and my valves are closed until about 3500 rpm depending on throttle position of course. When just driving around town there isn't any drone and the system is just about as quiet as stock (different tone/pitch) when the valves are closed.

I'm wondering if having or not having headers with cats is making a difference for either of you and/or having cats relocated into the rear of the system has somehow changed the exhaust flow.

If you guys can get some recordings and share them here and with Capristo maybe the issue can be isolated.

·
3,755 Posts
Capristo says it might be because I have the reduced max volume version.
SGP, do you have the standard version of Capristo?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Capristo says it might be because I have the reduced max volume version.
SGP, do you have the standard version of Capristo?
I have the catback system but not the headers. But from what Nick was saying there should be no differences. I was a little surprised as well with the loud sound as well between 2,200 - 2,600RPM especially when climbing uphill. I could be wrong - maybe its different pitch and tone. The pitch is definitely higher and sound is definitely much louder so some adjustment time to this might be required.

·
3,755 Posts
Reduced max volume?
Yes you can order Capristo in several volume levels for Open mode.
I got the version which is a several dB less loud than standard. Actually its neat because I can drive around in Open mode all the time without it being too obnoxious.

You can see the Sound options on the label, although mine does not seem to be marked (?).
Maybe Nick might like to explain the options.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I just installed my Capristo exhausts and its fantastic! I can easily feel the gain in the hp especially since mine is a 2.7L. :hilarious: BUT, I do have a problem, when I'm driving between 2,200 - 2,400rpm, there is a very loud sound coming in from the exhausts and it can get irritating after some time. It sounded like a booming sound inside the cabin, but from what I heard, Capristo exhausts shouldn't have any resonance or droning. Anyone else experienced this problem? Does the exhaust needs time to run in? But when the valves open above 3,000RPM, the exhaust is singing music to my ears.....:)
That does sound pretty bad...I would be willing to do you a favor and take it off your hands. :dance:

·
Registered
52 Posts
You may want to check the programming of the remote, or program the remote properly. The one I installed here at the shop a few moths ago, sounds amazing, the cient is extremely happy, but when I instaled it I did go through the remote & programmed it. You may want to do that.

Capristo would have no reason to change the internals, I think it is is the controler program. I will get some specs & to post.

There really are no options, we can do custom like we did for 4x4 but that is not production, that is custom.

·
Premium Member
2,528 Posts
Nick, FWIW mine was programed fine as received. Can't imagine what I'd change. The amazing part is it's not to obnoxious even open when driving unless you're pushing it. At least from inside the car. I can only imagine what it sounds like behind the car.

One difference I noted was a limit to the warranty period. Don't remember having a time limit before. Is this new?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You may want to check the programming of the remote, or program the remote properly. The one I installed here at the shop a few moths ago, sounds amazing, the cient is extremely happy, but when I instaled it I did go through the remote & programmed it. You may want to do that.

Capristo would have no reason to change the internals, I think it is is the controler program. I will get some specs & to post.

There really are no options, we can do custom like we did for 4x4 but that is not production, that is custom.
Thanks Nick, I did change some of the programming, there is only one word to describe the current Capristo sound - intoxicating. Cheers!:cheers:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.