Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It's been more than a month since I've even taken the cover off the Cayman. Hopefully the midweek rain will clean the roads up a bit more and with the warm temps, I'm thinking of heading out there on Sunday...

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
Re: I'm tempted by Captree this Sunday, 3/7

Stop by Tobay Beach and I'll be there for the first AX of the 2010.:)

·
Premium Member
485 Posts

Pete:

Let me know if you go . . . I got a new camera that'd be fun to try. Flying to Daytona tomorrow to shoot the Daytona 200 but I'll be back Saturday night.

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

The weather is looking good and there is a building buzz on other car boards about folks heading out there.

Unless something changes, I'll plan to be there around 8-8:30AM. It takes about 90 minutes for me to get there so I'm really pushing it with a 6:30AM Sunday morning wakeup call. :eek:

·
Porsche Prophet
938 Posts

The weather is looking good and there is a building buzz on other car boards about folks heading out there.

Unless something changes, I'll plan to be there around 8-8:30AM. It takes about 90 minutes for me to get there so I'm really pushing it with a 6:30AM Sunday morning wakeup call. :eek:
Hey Pete...it shouldn't take you that long at that time of day...an hour the most...my corporate office is right up the road (North on the Sagtikos or Robert Moses Causeway) and I make it there from my house in Tottenville in rush hour in an hour and a half...of course you better keep your eyes open :eek:...the Belt is a battle zone due to the harsh winter...especially near the Rockaway bridge...

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Thanks for the road report Tom. I'm going to be real careful on the Belt. No way would I even attempt to drive the car in Staten Island right now! I guess you won't be able to make the trip on Sunday.

The last time I drove the car was at the Hairy Dog open house back in January, I need to burn some of that old gas off!

·
Porsche Prophet
938 Posts

I did take it out about two weeks ago on a Sunday...but the last trip was to the Hairy Dog Garage...
I don't think there are any roads up here in the Northeast that are safe...SI, Brooklyn, etc. a friend of mind stated that the roads up in Westchester are just awful...
there is a very slight chance of me going on Sunday...I didn't want to say anything to jinks it...need to see if I am going to see my son in B'klyn on Sunday...if I go, I'll call you and catch up with you on the road...

Regards,

Tpm

·
Porsche Prophet
938 Posts

I'm looking out my home office window and it's freaking snowing!!! :eek: When t is all going to end!!!

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hopefully you guys will be driving in the AM group and not working the course. Otherwise you'll only get photos of your cars parked in the lot!

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
Usually we run both AM and PM. I think it depends on how many drivers attend. The times I have gone, they split us into two run groups with each run group getting a set of runs in the AM and a set in the PM.

·
Registered
463 Posts
We'll have a few cars at the auto x too Pete but just to watch and from what we're hearing one of the dealers is sending out one/or more Panameras for test driving. Then we'll head over to Captree. I'm guessing the way everyone is feeling re. cabin fever and with the weather forecast Captree should have the first good crowd of the season. See you then boys.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.