Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
PCA Member and Fully Matured Mod
3,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
981S almost as fast as Spyder and if it had more power, could have taken the also great 991S that was quicker than previous turbos/Gt3 in places.

Reactions: stratman

·
Cayman The Destroyer!
2,600 Posts
I dislike lightning lap because they run it on a layout of VIR that no one else ever runs for races or DE's. Can't compare my times or other tests to their results

·
Registered
77 Posts
Also if you watch the Spyder LL his lines are terrible, I think the Spyder is capable of faster times on the grand course, I was able to turn a 2:15 bone stock on the full course but unfortunately did not run the Grand Course this past VIR club member day because it was freezing outside, I'm a wuss!

Also the problem with running the Grand Course when clubs like the "Mazda Club" used to run it is that you could only get in about 4-5 laps a session, and at least in the Mazda club it was horribly overcrowded and no point bys etc. Maybe I've turned into a snob about HPDE's but once you go racing you never want to go back to having to wait for someone to point you by! You also don't want anything less then a race car, its a bad addiction/disease! It also makes you hate these dumb comparisons between street cars that most likely will never be wrung out to their potential./rant, carry on!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts