Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched and not found anything similar, forgive me if I missed something.

My car is completely dead. I have used the jump attachments in the fuse panel when my battery died a couple years ago and that is not working this time.

When I first noticed the issue, I had got in the car and turned the key and nothing happened. I was a little distracted so I hadn't noticed that nothing electronic lit up, but then my key would not come out of the ignition. I hooked up the jump leads and whichever solenoid holds the key in the ignition released and I was able to remove the key, but nothing else lit up. I was not able to even unlatch the frunk to test any battery connections.

If anyone has any ideas, I would be grateful.

Thank You.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have searched and not found anything similar, forgive me if I missed something.

My car is completely dead. I have used the jump attachments in the fuse panel when my battery died a couple years ago and that is not working this time.

When I first noticed the issue, I had got in the car and turned the key and nothing happened. I was a little distracted so I hadn't noticed that nothing electronic lit up, but then my key would not come out of the ignition. I hooked up the jump leads and whichever solenoid holds the key in the ignition released and I was able to remove the key, but nothing else lit up. I was not able to even unlatch the frunk to test any battery connections.

Thank You.
How did you try to open the frunk? On my 2009 BS, the only way to open the frunk is to use the key fob. The in-car switch does not work. Don't ask me why. These are the instructions from the 2009 owners manual. Maybe give that a try... (while connected to the lead in the fuse panel).

Best of luck,
Eric

·
Registered
46 Posts

Thank You.
How did you try to open the frunk? On my 2009 BS, the only way to open the frunk is to use the key fob. The in-car switch does not work. Don't ask me why. These are the instructions from the 2009 owners manual. Maybe give that a try... (while connected to the lead in the fuse panel).

Best of luck,
Eric Font Diagram Graphic design Illustration
Font Diagram Graphic design Illustration

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Best of luck,
Eric View attachment 167425 View attachment 167425
I only tried using the switch in the car, I'll give the remote a try. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Using the remote worked to unlock it, battery was at 2.16 volts. Not sure what discharged it that bad sitting for 9 days.

Thanks for the help. Guess I should RTFM next time lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
Assuming your battery is healthy, it may be the ignition switch as well. I've done some research on this, and my 987.2 is having this issue as well. The battery is less than 3-months old.

After driving it (over 25miles each way on the highway), I parked the car. Battery was dead 3-days later. I don't arm the car in my house, etc.

The car thinks the key is in the ignition even after I remove it. The only way I've gotten around this issue is to arm the car now. I have a new ignition switch, but have not had time to replace it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
There is a TSB on an issue like this. The + battery cable that goes into the power distribution box. Follow the + cable to where it connects to the firewall. wiggle the cable and you might regain all power.
The cause is the connection get rusty, Porsche has new design upgraded parts to fix the issue. A Power Distribution box repair kit and a new post. You'll probably need a new cable end to connect to the repaired parts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.