Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • NOTICE - Before adding photos to posts on Planet-9, please review: Posting Photos on Planet-9

Car is completely dead

6K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  brig.henderson 
I have searched and not found anything similar, forgive me if I missed something.

My car is completely dead. I have used the jump attachments in the fuse panel when my battery died a couple years ago and that is not working this time.

When I first noticed the issue, I had got in the car and turned the key and nothing happened. I was a little distracted so I hadn't noticed that nothing electronic lit up, but then my key would not come out of the ignition. I hooked up the jump leads and whichever solenoid holds the key in the ignition released and I was able to remove the key, but nothing else lit up. I was not able to even unlatch the frunk to test any battery connections.

If anyone has any ideas, I would be grateful.

Thank You.
How did you try to open the frunk? On my 2009 BS, the only way to open the frunk is to use the key fob. The in-car switch does not work. Don't ask me why. These are the instructions from the 2009 owners manual. Maybe give that a try... (while connected to the lead in the fuse panel).

Best of luck,
Eric

I have searched and not found anything similar, forgive me if I missed something.

My car is completely dead. I have used the jump attachments in the fuse panel when my battery died a couple years ago and that is not working this time.

When I first noticed the issue, I had got in the car and turned the key and nothing happened. I was a little distracted so I hadn't noticed that nothing electronic lit up, but then my key would not come out of the ignition. I hooked up the jump leads and whichever solenoid holds the key in the ignition released and I was able to remove the key, but nothing else lit up. I was not able to even unlatch the frunk to test any battery connections.

If anyone has any ideas, I would be grateful.

Thank You.
How did you try to open the frunk? On my 2009 BS, the only way to open the frunk is to use the key fob. The in-car switch does not work. Don't ask me why. These are the instructions from the 2009 owners manual. Maybe give that a try... (while connected to the lead in the fuse panel).

Best of luck,
Eric Font Diagram Graphic design Illustration
Font Diagram Graphic design Illustration