Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's annoying me, my car has 9000km only. No Accidents, but keeps pulling slightly to the left, so in order to drive straight i have to tilt the steering wheel to the right a bit.

What could be the cause?

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope, didn't hit anything at all.

It's weird, I just checked for any air leakage and didn't find any.

Tire pressure was down to 30 from 32, so I put it back to 32 again and then it's fine.

But, i'm sure after a week it will go down to 30 again and it will happen again.

·
Crusin worlds most isolated city
3,755 Posts
Uneven pressure will also cause pulling as well as different treads or tyre wear.
So its ok now?

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Good to hear it may be resolved.

As for the slow leak, I had a tire once that was leaking from the valve stem. I purchased a small tool at an auto parts store that specifically locks down the inner core of the valve stem. Mine turned out to be slightly loose and a 1/4 turn tighten it down.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've checked the valve stem too, nothing there.

I still have a feeling the tire is leaking air minimally but I can't pinpoint it yet.

Will see how it goes.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
465 Posts
My current set of rims with all seasons have a bead leak on the RR. I lose 1-3 lbs. air a day. I thought I had it fixed last fall but it started leaking again. These are 993 turbo rims which were powder coated before I bought them. It seems the powder coating is coming off under the bead on that rim and letting the air out. I'm trying to decide whether to try and have it fixed again or just check the air every day. I don't have TPMS on this set, Tire Rack said they wouldn't work on these rims. I can't visually catch 5-10 PSI low.

·
Registered
17 Posts
If you have alum rims. Bead leaks are not unusual if you have aluminum rims. I can't recall if it due to aluminum expanding and contracting at a greater rate than steel. Or it being a softer metal. This is what I was told by my tire installer. some may not have an issue. Also are using air or nitrogen.

Kimo

·
On Probation
582 Posts
remove tire /give to tire shop /they will place it in a tank of water and look for bubbles

·
Registered
465 Posts
Hmmm, i'm not sure. Should check them. Should the weights be equal on both front rims?
No, the weights will not be the same. What you look for is evidence that a weight that was there before is no longer. With a stick-on weight, you look for glue residue. With the clamp type, you look for minor marks or dirt stains which may indicate the location of a former weight up against the edge of the rim.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.