Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a bit stumped... a few months ago I checked my car value on KBB and it was about 40k...I check now and it says 48k.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Huh. Just double checked mine, it's still the same as it was a few months ago. Odd.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2014 base boxster with a good number of options.

Think I realized whats going on...KBB was updated where I can enter more options and now the car value shows up higher.

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
The thing about value is; at the end of the day it is only worth what someone else is willing to pay for it. Or what you are willing to sell it for. Speculation is evil. I had a weak moment this year and considered selling my CS and came to realize this. I valued my car much higher than what I ever could sell it for. And I would probably just end up buying another. To me my Porsche is much more than "just a car". Is there a field for affectional value? ;)

My CS increases in (affectional) value each time I drive it. :cheers:

·
Registered
911 Posts
My lightly optioned base Boxster KBB trade value declined over the past year consistent with additional time and mileage.

And I just received a very slick mailer from a local Maserati dealer offering 20% over the KBB figure if I traded it in on a new Ghibli! Now if that offer came from a Porsche dealer, I might be tempted...

·
Registered
4,850 Posts
My lightly optioned base Boxster KBB trade value declined over the past year consistent with additional time and mileage.

And I just received a very slick mailer from a local Maserati dealer offering 20% over the KBB figure if I traded it in on a new Ghibli! Now if that offer came from a Porsche dealer, I might be tempted...
And if it wasn't a trade-in, the Maserati dealer would offer you 20% below KBB for your Porsche.

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
Anyone driven a Maserati? I've not.

·
Registered
4,850 Posts
I have a 2014 Ghibli S Q4 that's on a 3 years lease term, only thing I would say is I am trying hard to sub-lease that car to someone else. I consider a Boxster or Cayman to Ghibli a "DOWNGRADE" regardless what other tells you.
WOW, thanks for the heads-up.

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
I have a 2014 Ghibli S Q4 that's on a 3 years lease term, only thing I would say is I am trying hard to sub-lease that car to someone else. I consider a Boxster or Cayman to Ghibli a "DOWNGRADE" regardless what other tells you.
Fascinating! Thank you. Would enjoy specifics if you feel like posting.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Once I discovered the Ghibli was only available with A/T, it was no longer worthy of consideration as a second car to replace my BMW wagon - and certainly not as a replacement for the 981!

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
Maybe things have improved, but back when I bought my Alfa Romeo the sales associate advised me to stay away from Maserati. And they sold them too. He said the Maseratis were too "persnickety" when it came to upkeep. Funny to hear this from an Alfa salesman too.

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
Once I discovered the Ghibli was only available with A/T, it was no longer worthy of consideration as a second car to replace my BMW wagon - and certainly not as a replacement for the 981!
How do you feel about electrics, no transmission at all! Don't know how I would...

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
Maybe things have improved, but back when I bought my Alfa Romeo the sales associate advised me to stay away from Maserati. And they sold them too. He said the Maseratis were too "persnickety" when it came to upkeep. Funny to hear this from an Alfa salesman too.
Have you posted about the Alpha?
And if Fiat is Fix It Again Tony, what is Alpha? Hard to come up with an acronym for Maserati!

·
Registered
648 Posts
Not an acronym, per se... But I have heard Maserati's referred to as "All of the cost of owning a Ferrari, with none of the performance."

With the exception of the MC-12 (which was based on the Enzo anyway, and very limited production) no Maserati has ever interested me. For that kind of coin I'd buy a Ferrari (or a McLaren) any day all day...

·
Registered
911 Posts
How do you feel about electrics, no transmission at all! Don't know how I would...
Great for golf carts and pure city cars. But I live in the burbs, drive in the country and as I have enough humbling experiences in life, gave up golf years ago.

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
Have you posted about the Alpha?
And if Fiat is Fix It Again Tony, what is Alpha? Hard to come up with an acronym for Maserati!
Actually in another thread I mentioned my worry at the time of sale and purchasing an extended warranty. And by no means am I thinking my little Alfa was typical, but the irony was that it ended up being the most reliable car I've owned. Total surprise. I do remember that Alfa had switched to Bosch electronics which may have been a big help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 27 Posts