Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have a 2006 Cayman S and power is not reaching the starter motor somehow. When I turn the key, I can just hear clicking of some relays(not the starter solenoid) and no cranking. I can start the car by applying jump leads from the car battery to the starter motor solenoid and bridging the gap with a screwdriver.

I assume if I turn the key and hear some relays working than the ignition switch is working alright. I've tried bypassing the clutch switch and it doesn't seem to make a difference. Battery level is good. I'm also guessing if I can start the car via cables from the battery than the immobilizer is also disabled with the key in position 3? What are the other relays to check and where can I find them?? Any other things to check?

Any help appreciated,

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
You might check the 12V junction block on the top of the engine that feeds power to the starter. On 911s there were problems with this block.

Also check the battery negative where it connects to the body and the ground strap between engine RHS and body.

Good Luck,

Rob

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply Rob. Do you know where I can find this junction block on the cayman?

The ground should be fine as I can start the car via jump lead from positive to starter motor with no additional ground needed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts