Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering Carbon Fiber Mirror Inserts and Carbon Fiber Air Intakes for my Arctic silver reptile... does anyone have pictures of such?

I'd really would like to see how it looks before I go for it as I see the exterior body could need some contrast.

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Tess Tickle has some pictures of his silver S with black accents in his albums....intakes, splitter, rear spoiler. The look is growing on me.....check it out.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
I was contemplating the same items not so long ago. Can't justify the cost of CF for pure cosmetics though. That rhymes :p

·
Premium Member
6,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tess Tickle has some pictures of his silver S with black accents in his albums....intakes, splitter, rear spoiler. The look is growing on me.....check it out.
Tess Tickle has one picture in his album and it has stripes and more additions related for racing that doesn't show the effect of CF on the mirrors with the intakes. I hope there are other members who did so.

Nitro,
I agree the cost is high... almost 1000 USD for the intakes and the mirror inserts. That's why I want to see the end up result if it can justify it or not. Recently I did the short-shifter Tequipment, and to be honest IT IS NOT WORTH IT !!! But I did the arctic silver rear center console for a ridiculous price... but I LOVED IT and it is worth it.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Tess Tickle has one picture in his album and it has stripes and more additions related for racing that doesn't show the effect of CF on the mirrors with the intakes. I hope there are other members who did so.

Nitro,
I agree the cost is high... almost 1000 USD for the intakes and the mirror inserts. That's why I want to see the end up result if it can justify it or not. Recently I did the short-shifter Tequipment, and to be honest IT IS NOT WORTH IT !!! But I did the arctic silver rear center console for a ridiculous price... but I LOVED IT and it is worth it.
Strange, I've never heard of someone who doesnt like the short shifter. Why do you think it's not worth it?

And may you post pix of your painted rear console? Since I have arctic silver too, I want to see how that would look like.

As an alternative to CF, perhaps the normal vents painted black...

·
Premium Member
6,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Strange, I've never heard of someone who doesnt like the short shifter. Why do you think it's not worth it?

And may you post pix of your painted rear console? Since I have arctic silver too, I want to see how that would look like.

As an alternative to CF, perhaps the normal vents painted black...
It is not that I didn't like the short shifter but it is not worth it! It is not a big deal... seriously! When I was handed my car, I didn't feel the difference and made a fight with the dealer suspecting that they didn't get the right spare Tequipment number. But they were very patient and measured the difference in their show room of a normal shifter (10.5 movement) and the short shifter on my car (6 cm movement). Yet, you don't feel it much and makes no difference. Maybe for track guys it does, but for me it was an absolute waste of money!

I didn't take pictures of the console yet, I'll try to do so soon. But trust me it is WORTH IT. It made a difference like night to day since my interior was black, adding silver in the middle brought daylight to it. Yes, it was TOO EXPENSIVE for an accessory... but I never liked the black interior and can't imagine how others add FB to a black interior.

In the end, that is my opinion and each as his own taste.

·
Premium Member
6,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was contemplating the same items not so long ago. Can't justify the cost of CF for pure cosmetics though. That rhymes :p
I just got these pictures from RUF on an Arctic Silver. It doesn't use CF but RUF body mods. What do you think? Really I am interested in your feedbacks?

For me, I don't like the way the GT3 bumpers look on an arctic silver Cayman. I like the rear bumper though... yet, the difference is not really worth the cost/trouble IMO.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I rather like the modifications and I do think the black intakes are attractive. Don't see why a person couldn't remove theirs and paint them or buy an additional pair. My 2.9 liter '09 Cayman has a black chin spoiler as stock....not painted as the "S" model....and that black intake treatment has me thinking. Black rear valence screening would hide the mufflers. Porsche now has these available for '09+ in silver. Tess Tickle is working on it.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I am considering Carbon Fiber Mirror Inserts and Carbon Fiber Air Intakes for my Arctic silver reptile... does anyone have pictures of such?

I'd really would like to see how it looks before I go for it as I see the exterior body could need some contrast.

Thank you in advance.
I have these mods done if you want to see how it looks. The Mirror Inserts are carbon fiber and the Side Vents are painted black.

http://www.planet-9.com/porsche-tir...acing-te37-gunmetal-silver-arctic-silver.html

·
Premium Member
6,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have these mods done if you want to see how it looks. The Mirror Inserts are carbon fiber and the Side Vents are painted black.
Thank you for the pictures. May I ask how do you like the FVD ECU Flash? I got my software but didn't work on it yet as I need to get myself Bootcamp for my Mac and to be honest I hate going back to Microsoft... to hesitant to go further!

And what is dream1?

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
I just got these pictures from RUF on an Arctic Silver. It doesn't use CF but RUF body mods. What do you think? Really I am interested in your feedbacks?

For me, I don't like the way the GT3 bumpers look on an arctic silver Cayman. I like the rear bumper though... yet, the difference is not really worth the cost/trouble IMO.
Its not bad... Actually The GT3 bumper looks great, the rear one looks fine too, but I dont like seeing the cats through it!

Nice car :cheers:. The black vents sure look nice, I'm not certain about the inserts though!

·
Registered
79 Posts

What is the ruf website? Are they located in the US? I looked at the

·
Premium Member
6,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
79 Posts
Thanks man... i'm really diggin that gt3 front end. I was looking at nrautos but that extra lip on the bottom kinda kills it for me. My front already scrapes as-is so i can't imagine it being any lower.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Law,

Great look with the Volks! Alway's loved the Volk wheels for the weight savings and caliper clearance but the gunmetal silver really look good on your artic silver CaymanS! Nice work.
Thanks Rhonda. And thank you for the FVD ECU Flash special although I can't visually show it... my Cayman and I are loving it. :)

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
It is not that I didn't like the short shifter but it is not worth it! It is not a big deal.
I guess you got it for the wrong reasons then Hassaan. I think the short shifter is great and provides a better shift feeling and certainly makes shifts quicker. Maybe if you spend some more time on the track and applying those same things to the street you might appreciate it more.

·
Premium Member
6,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I guess you got it for the wrong reasons then Hassaan. I think the short shifter is great and provides a better shift feeling and certainly makes shifts quicker. Maybe if you spend some more time on the track and applying those same things to the street you might appreciate it more.
To be honest I fear that the car when I bought it had already a short-shifter because I feel absolutely no difference! In other words, I guess I paid for something my car already had. :(

·
Premium Member
6,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok, I hereby bring this thread back from the dead...

I saw this morning these intakes and spoiler wing and I think both would look great on Arctic Silver. But does anyone know where I can buy them from as the sponsor who used to sell them got suspended?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts