Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
Sick!!! And since I have to add more letters... Sick!!!

·
Premium Member
6,730 Posts
That looks far better than the dated ugly multifunction CF Porsche steering wheel... I'd opted for CF interior if I knew such steering wheel is available in the market.

Congrats

·
Registered
691 Posts
Judging by your avatar you are replacing the sport design steering wheel. Are you installing it yourself? If so, would you do a write up and let us know of any installation pitfalls and issues?

Reactions: Mike R.

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
I notice the website doesn't list the 981, so I presume you custom ordered this. Do you know if they do PDK wheels?
I presume it's a core exchange program. Has anyone removed their PDK wheel in a 981?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Judging by your avatar you are replacing the sport design steering wheel. Are you installing it yourself? If so, would you do a write up and let us know of any installation pitfalls and issues?
I have the PDK Sports Design wheel, My Porsche tech is installing the wheel tomorrow, air bag, center section and paddles transfer over to the new wheel.
P1010692.jpg

I notice the website doesn't list the 981, so I presume you custom ordered this. Do you know if they do PDK wheels?
I presume it's a core exchange program. Has anyone removed their PDK wheel in a 981?
It is a core exchange, I'll return my original wheel after the install. My R8 wheel was updated by them also, have it for a year now and its still like new.
14236568933_3cadd2b2bd_h.jpg

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a DCT steering wheel on my Ferrari 360 and it is fantastic. IMO one of the best mods you can make. Do you know if they can retain the heated wheel function?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have a DCT steering wheel on my Ferrari 360 and it is fantastic. IMO one of the best mods you can make. Do you know if they can retain the heated wheel function?
I've never had a heated steering wheel so I can't answer that one, I assume they would need a core that has the heating element in it

·
Vendor
6,493 Posts
This looks sick! Can't wait for installed pics

·
Registered
499 Posts
that looks fan ****ing-tastic, may I ask how much it cost?? i was assume around 1500 after core return right?

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
That wheel is beautiful!

dbcarbon has the chrome center and spokes available in CF. Have you considered this? I have one and will be installing it soon.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts