Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not a big fan of the silver pillar trim on my CTT and wanted to do something different.

I had heard good things about this Carbon Fiber vinyl stuff from 3m. So I figured I may as well give it a shot. Install was pretty easy.

Here are the results. (now I just have to black out the rest of it.)

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
That looks really good. Doing the rest of the trim should be interesting, but it will come out nice I am sure. Good luck.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.

I did some other misc parts too. (headlight washer coverers, center console, ashtray door, corner door trim by the mirror adjustment, rear cup holder lid and.......my iPad back)

I'm starting to think the dry carbon look or the vinyl looks better than the "carbon under plastic" factoy look of real carbon fiber. Thousands of dollars cheaper too.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Please forgive the little flaws in some of these. This was my first time using the stuff and there is a little learning curve. Although, as far as DIY projects go, this one is pretty easy. Silly me started with the toughest piece first, the console. I think I know how to correct my little flaws in that now and will go back and fix it.

(I also took these pics in my dark garage last night, the pieces look much better out in the daylight)

I got them from CarbonFiberVinyl.com. I got a 36x48" roll (I think) it was about $60. Did all 4 pillars, cosole, headlight washer covers, corner window trim, ashtray door, rear cup holder door, ipad, 1/2 my key and I have a bit left over. I can probably get the rear door plastic trim pieces out of it and maybe a few other little items.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts