Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

i just notice there no cargo net on luggage compartment of my 2015 981 CGTS as it shows in the user manual , is it came installed from the dealer or kept somewhere inside the car ???

·
Registered
773 Posts
Hi Guys

i just notice there no cargo net on luggage compartment of my 2015 981 CGTS as it shows in the user manual , is it came installed from the dealer or kept somewhere inside the car ???
One came with my 2104 CS, but I've heard that the cargo net isn't coming with the 2015's

·
Registered
65 Posts
Here's a list of items that were changed for the beginning of the 2015 model year. Note that some of these have changed again like the light design package is no longer available as a stand alone option. But the cargo net remains gone. I had to order one for my new CGTS as well:

• ParkAssist with front and rear reversing camera;
  • PDLS+ high-beam assistant when Bi-Xenon headlamps are selected;
  • 20-inch 911 Turbo wheels;
  • a new optimized sport system exhaust;
  • leather interior models get leather door handles with Galvano Silver trim;
  • Caymans get all-black-only Alcantara headliner that extends to the A-pillars;
  • light design package is now available without the leather package or leather interior;
  • A wind deflector is now standard on all Boxsters;
  • Caymans no longer get footwell lighting or a rear luggage net standard;
  • A power window button surround on the passenger’s side is now all black on all models and equipment packages, as is the rear loudspeaker cover for Boxsters;
  • Jet Black metallic replaces Basalt Black metallic paint;
  • Carrera White metallic is now available;
  • Cognac metallic and Amaranth Red metallic are no longer offered;
  • Two-tone Black and Garnet Red leather is available.

Reactions: untouchable200x

·
Registered
120 Posts
Now that's annoying... One of the more useful accessories now removed!!

·
Premium Member
1,847 Posts
Great list 1atom12, but I think you meant Jet Black Metallic replaces Basalt Black, as BB is no longer available. My 2015 CGTS is JBM.
I tried to get the salesman to throw in a cargo net, ($50 from Suncoast) but no go. I did get a Porsche pen...

·
Registered
65 Posts
Good catch and fixed above... Actually, I did a copy/paste from an earlier thread this year on the subject by someone else...

Great list 1atom12, but I think you meant Jet Black Metallic replaces Basalt Black, as BB is no longer available. My 2015 CGTS is JBM.
I tried to get the salesman to throw in a cargo net, ($50 from Suncoast) but no go. I did get a Porsche pen...

·
Registered
85 Posts
Here's a list of items that were changed for the beginning of the 2015 model year. Note that some of these have changed again like the light design package is no longer available as a stand alone option. But the cargo net remains gone. I had to order one for my new CGTS as well:

• light design package is now available without the leather package or leather interior;
  • A power window button surround on the passenger’s side is now all black on all models and equipment packages, as is the rear loudspeaker cover for Boxsters;
Hi good list, but I think one was left off: the sound system moves up one notch from the base to the "sound plus"(?)

·
Registered
751 Posts
I ordered two nets to make it look "complete"

Reactions: untouchable200x

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
After paying for the car, who can afford cargo?

Reactions: SteveInNJ

·
Registered
91 Posts
The 2015 Cayman no longer has plastic panels covering the under-body. Maybe it is all of the 981's since they came out? Instead it has a black mat covering the under-body attached with plastic button fasteners.The Porsche website specifically states the under-body is covered with plastic panels. It also says foot well lighting is standard but there are no foot well lights. Profit is their GOD expect more profit increasing changes in the future. Also painted areas that are hidden with liners or plastic are not painted with the paint chosen for the body color. Those areas are painted with a light beige color paint. Some people on Planet9 have mentioned this already. Porsche takes away the lower interior door lights. That's cheapo for a $53,000 car. So I wanted some type of light when I opened my door so I was forced to order folding mirrors with mirror lights. I guess I could have saved $320 and used a key chain flashlight every time to light the way. Porsche knows what people want and they take advantage of the situation. Like charging $650 for a dual exhaust tip in a different color. $3,000 for noisier exhaust almost the same price it costs for PSE at Suncoast minus labor. Not even Jaguar F Type charges that much for Sport exhaust ($1,500). Jaguar is a real mastery of globalization. Jaguar = Owned by TATA Motors of India, Managed and vehicle designs by Germans and vehicles manufactured in Great Britain. Amazing multi hemispherical coordination. I like Porsche Cayman but when I ordered I didn't play the lets make Porsche richer by choosing too many over priced options. Porsche and VW are getting too chummy. Why I say look at the lower front spoiler on a 981 Cayman and look at the VW Jetta lower front spoiler from 12, 13 and 14 they are virtually identical. The next future edition of Panamera is rumored to share a common platform with a Bentley Continental GT. Current common shared platforms Porsche uses are VW Toureg, Audi Q7 and Porsche Cayenne all share the same platform and suspension and drive train. Porsche Macan shares the same platform with the Audi Q5. There was talk a few years ago for the future 911 to share a common platform with similar vehicles from different car companies but the project was dropped by Porsche.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Yep you are noticing what happens when VW is gutting Porsche. Whats funny is that Porsche is THE profit center for VW.

Kid you not VW will cheapen every small detail were possible as they have done in all their other cars. They will keep all the baseline parts of a car that give it good reviews and find ways to make more profit. Gotta beat yota.

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
One came with my 2104 CS, but I've heard that the cargo net isn't coming with the 2015's
Thanks for this....saw the same thing and figured the dealer forgot to include the cargo net, as I saw them in a couple of 14's on the lot.....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts