Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Late last month I completed an install of the Cargraphic lowering springs for my 2007 Cayman S. On a recent trip to Los Angeles, I picked up the spring set from the North America distributor of Cargraphic products. (I though they were a sponsor at one time but I did not see them listed any longer) I also want to thank “Adax” for the great lowering spring install article & all of the contributors that posted comments & suggestion as well; especially “wpmjr” on the helpful tip on the socket for PASM equipped cars.

The install went extremely smooth, I had my friend machine a slot in the 21mm deep socket to disassemble & reassemble the front strut & he even had a spanner pin wrench for the top washer of the strut. The only real issue I had was that the rear strut had a 19mm nut & I did not have a slotted deep socket. The disassembly of the rear strut was not a problem & I was able to apply proper torque with a “Crows Foot” which worked out perfectly. As was recommended in the comment section of the article, I too disconnected the lower control arm from the in-board pivot points to remove the strut & it was an easy procedure.

I am extremely satisfied with the Cargraphic lowering springs & I my first & foremost objective was to decrease the gap between the fender & tire. Furthermore, the ride is extremely compliant & I have no negative feed back on ride quality. I have attached a few pictures of the install & one after picture. I have more pictures that I will post later.

Thanks....JKman

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here are a few more pictures of my car with the Cargraphic lowering springs & after several coats of Zaino.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Beautiful color on your Cayman, lowered on those turbo wheels it looks really good! The wheels are now crying out for spacers.
BW

·
Premium Member
1,653 Posts
Nice job. From the pics, it doesn't look as low as some of the other manufacturers which is a good thing. Do you know how much of a drop it is?

-Moto

·
Crusin worlds most isolated city
3,755 Posts
I thought there was an issue lowering a PASM car?

Another thing, Do you get any wheel hoping / axle tramping on a fast launch? I seem to have a major problem with this on the new CS. Car is 2010 stock with PASM and LSD.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Beautiful color on your Cayman, lowered on those turbo wheels it looks really good! The wheels are now crying out for spacers.
BW
I agree, I do need wider spacers. I currently have the Porsche 5mm spacers & I want to get a set of 15mm for the rears. I think the front is ok but the rears could use a wider track.

The mod bug just won't stop.... As many of you have, I too have the SRP & 4.1 flash, exhaust, lowering springs, V-flow intake, ultimate pedals, de-snork, painted intake, etc, etc. I still want to get spacers, HIP CEC, braided hose & AN fittings for some of the plumbing, maybe a Sprint Booster, Mod for Cars... It just won't stop!!

Oh well, I just have to keep feeding my addiction, it could be worse.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice job. From the pics, it doesn't look as low as some of the other manufacturers which is a good thing. Do you know how much of a drop it is?

-Moto
Per the "Post Your Ride Height" tread, my original measurements were 14 1/4" in the front & the rears were 15". After the Cargraphic spring install the measurements are now 13 3/4" in the front & 13 7/8" in the rear. The car now has a flat stance with no front rake. The difference from stock is 1/2" in the front & 1 1/8" in the rear. This is a lot differnet from others that have these springs.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I thought there was an issue lowering a PASM car?

Another thing, Do you get any wheel hoping / axle tramping on a fast launch? I seem to have a major problem with this on the new CS. Car is 2010 stock with PASM and LSD.
Yes, I too have heard about issues with lowering springs on PASM equipped cars but since Cargraphic specifies that their springs are compatible with PASM & I am not going to track the car, I will just take my chances. Also, I have not noticed any of the symptons you have described on a fast/hard launch. Very planted & stable.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts