Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
718 Enthusiast
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm finalizing my build and I'm seriously considering going with the Carmine Red exterior with full leather in black/chalk. Has anyone seen the 718 Cayman in Carmine Red???

·
Middle-Aged Porsche Punk
999 Posts
I’ve seen a few 911’s in Carmine Red and a few 981 GTS models. My old 987 Cayman was Ruby Red. Yet to see a 718 with it but that combination sounds striking.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I'm finalizing my build and I'm seriously considering going with the Carmine Red exterior with full leather in black/chalk. Has anyone seen the 718 Cayman in Carmine Red???
30 seconds of Google: https://porscheofocala.com/inventory/all/Porsche+718+Cayman+S+Ocala+Florida+2017+Carmine+Red+933066
You're welcome.

Also this (Left - Guard's Red, Right - Carmine Red):

I'm not sure how I feel about the black / chalk with Red exterior. It doesn't look bad, but I'd be more partial to the black/luxor beige (tan) interior instead of chalk (white).
If I got that white interior, I'd have to get the painted interior package (Interior Package Painted i.c.w. Leather Interior - EKA) as well....
Also, it's a $2500 color - not worth the price to me.

·
718 Enthusiast
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
718 Enthusiast
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If this is the last car you plan to buy, then I say go for the $2500 paint. Otherwise, I'd take my family
on a vacation and order red for $0. Red is red. Now, orange...
A family vacation lasts what, a week, the memories a car provides lasts a lifetime. Good luck selling that thought process to my wife!!

Honestly, I like darker reds, GR is too "orangey" for me. If I don't go with Carmine Red, then GT Silver is my second choice.

Reactions: wright and Robstnr

·
Registered
98 Posts
I really loved Carmine red on the website. Was my favourite choice. However in the end I went with a 981 in Guards as none in Carmine and when I picked my new car it was parked next to a Carmine Macan. I was really disappointed, it had more of a burgundy feel than the blood red colour I expected.

However colours are very subjective and maybe it was the light, but I would strongly recommended seeing one in the flesh before pulling the trigger in case it's not for you.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I've seen Carmine in person on a 981. Not bad but it's just a burgundy red. Nothing particularly interesting or striking about it. YMMV but no way I'd pay $2600 for it.

I have a guards red 982 myself although my favorite color is GT silver (my 981 was rhodium silver so when the time came to get another one I didn't want to go with such a similar color). Guards red seems more orange-y than I remember it when I last had a Boxster in that color.

But do get the two-tone full leather. I have black over tan and it has gorgeous contrasted stitching, as nice as anything you'd find in a Bentley.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Carmine Red is the only red I'd consider now for a new Porsche...just like GT Silver is the only Silver. YMMV.

Reactions: wright and Robstnr

·
Next Porsche: 2022 992 GT3
4,088 Posts
My in-laws have a 2014 BS in Carmine and I have the same model in GR. We drive around together frequently. I prefer GR but Carmine looks great too. It's all about personal taste. GR is brighter. Carmine is more burgundy and conservative. GR attracts a bit more attention.

·
Middle-Aged Porsche Punk
999 Posts
Carmine Red is a little more "cherry-colored" than the old Ruby Red (which in 2008 was a simple, $600 metallic, not a crazy premium color). Ruby was interesting because its shade changed depending on the light, appearing darker under most conditions other than bright sunshine. A black/beige interior would indeed be a great complement for Carmine.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Luxury vehicle

·
Middle-Aged Porsche Punk
999 Posts
Carmine Red is a little more like the classic old "Candy Apple Red" than the old Ruby Red (which in 2008 was a simple, $600 metallic, not a crazy premium color). Ruby was interesting because its shade changed depending on the light, appearing darker under most conditions other than bright sunshine in which it turned into cherry red. A black/beige interior would indeed be a great complement for Carmine.

View attachment 168154

·
Registered
128 Posts
I’ve seen Carmine red on a 718 Boxster S with black wheels. That car looked sensational!! What a beautiful colour. Also it’s not very common at all (probably has something to do with the price!). My advice is to go with something you really like as the colour is not something you can change later (you can wrap it I suppose but it’s not the same). Good luck deciding.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Wish I could check out a carmine red 718 in person too because it is my second color choice behind GT silver. Too bad none of my local dealerships have one on the lot though. I also thought the guards red was too bright and orange-y.

·
Registered
268 Posts
My dealer had a sample wall of many Porsche colours that helped me a bit--but it wasn't until I saw the Racing Yellow in person, on a car, that I chose it.
If you're planning on keeping the car for a while it might pay to invest in a drive to a dealer/driver with one.

Greg

·
Registered
186 Posts
A family vacation lasts what, a week, the memories a car provides lasts a lifetime. Good luck selling that thought process to my wife!!

Honestly, I like darker reds, GR is too "orangey" for me. If I don't go with Carmine Red, then GT Silver is my second choice.
I didn't say I like orange, I was just making the point that at least it's not such a close cousin to guards red, a free paint choice. I also happen to be opposed to bright colors. Every Porsche I've owned has been black or jet black metallic. I'm a glutton for punishment I guess.

And the memories of a Porsche car would unlikely be affected by the paint choice. At least, I hope not.

·
Vendor
6,510 Posts
I think Carmine is by far best red the Porsche has. And it will look great with black interior!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.