Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

81 - 100 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
I really like it too and think it's perfect for a daily driver: has a nice bark at start-up, love the burble on decleration, and it has a nice growl as the revs increase. Cantrell did a great job on the intall and got me on my way in about two hours.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Dicket, any drone or resonace between 2000-3000 RPM with the Carnewal & Catless headers?

I currently have Fabspeed catless headers with the OEM, but still want a little more sound, but am worried that there may be drone with the Carnewal combined catless headers. I couldn't find any sound clips of Carnewal with catless headers.

Thanks

As I have previously posted on another tread, I have also made the jump and had my OEM exhaust modified by Cantrell to the GT Carnewal Exhaust. At the same time I installed the NHP Catless headers.

Well, I have to say I was just hoping I was going to get the results I wanted without being too much of a straight pike effect. I wasn't disappointed!!

The sound in the garage after the install left me wondering if it was too much but outside in the low revs it was still civil with no hard looks for the local law enforcement.

But bring the revs up past 4K and BAM! A wild aggressive, get out of my way, I'm looking for V8 blood, imitators not allowed, here I am kind of music to my ears!

For those who have done the GT change over, you know what improvements to the sound and performance I'm referring to. Cantrell told me they have yet to do a proper dyno comparison but believe it my represent approx 15 HP.

Now add the benefits of the catless headers, being sound and an additional HP increase ( unknown but maybe 5 to 8? ) and I can't see how anyone could possibly be disappointed in this mod. All for under $ 1800!!!

If you are on the fence, don't be. Do it and turn you sedate Cayman back into a 'Mistress'!

·
Registered
720 Posts
Just to update - for the cost of PSE only (w/o install charges), I got the Carnewal GT Exhaust, and Porsche Sport Mode software installed, and still had money left in my pocket. Extremely happy with them. Highly recommended!

·
Registered
593 Posts
Just to update - for the cost of PSE only (w/o install charges), I got the Carnewal GT Exhaust, and Porsche Sport Mode software installed, and still had money left in my pocket. Extremely happy with them. Highly recommended!
Hello Young Turk,
If you are still using the stock T or TT on your Carnewal GT Exhaust I suggest installing either the DREAM1 or DREAM2 as a perfect compliment to improve the performance, sound and mileage of Carnewal exhaust set up.

·
Registered
593 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
If anyone is interested, I will have a great combo in the classifieds in a couple days.
A Cayman R muffler (fits all Gen 2's) with the larger 50mm primary pipes,
modified with the Carnewal GT internals by Cantrell and a Dream 2 in flat black.
Probably the perfect combo for someone who doesn't want loud or drone. (very close to PSE at a % of the cost)
And I've had/heard them all, Borla/Remus/Fabspeed etc., feel free to ask about sound comparisons.

·
Registered
7 Posts
hi do you have a Gen2? with sport button? I had the GT exhaust on my Gen1 without sport button .....I wish I had more loud burble on deceleration, but I don't. I was wondering if that's the difference between DFI and non DFI cayman or is the sport mode makes the burble louder?

·
Registered
134 Posts
I ordered mine but Cantrell is out of stock, so I went to ship it with UPS from Canada what a rip off, they won't insure against damage either. I was so pissed at UPS I walked out. I'll be finding a new shipper this weekend.

In speaking with Cantrell, they've been great, they said they would turn mine around in a day due to the hassles I had.

Good guys,
I will post updates when done.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I was very happy with Cantrell and FedEx was the best combo of ins. and costs, I think it's 5 or 10% off too if you start an account.

·
Premium Member
548 Posts
I still hold the Carnewal GT exhaust as the single best mod I have done to my car (so far). And I have done plenum/tb, de-snorkle, bmc filter and tune as well. For anyone in Europe looking for a quality sports exhaust that still sounds "porsche" I would by far recommend Carnewal GT and especially their relative new offering of a Cayman R modified exhaust; you get a slightly larger diameter pipe and still retain the porsche sound and quality in material.

P87-2 Carnewal GT exhaust made from new Cayman R mufflers - Carnewal

This is the one I would get had I not already sent my original exhaust to Gert a year ago. Even though the price is more than double. Don't get me wrong, I still love my sound - but I would imagine that this would be slightly better in terms of performance and slightly louder as well. I have no idea if it is offered in USA or not.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I have a base 987.2 (2.9) and found someone selling a Cayman R exhaust with the black dual tips. Had them send it to Cantrell (who were great and very easy to work with btw) directly for modification after which they sent it to me. Still cost a fair bit in shipping as it went from Florida to Washington to Texas. Got it installed last week, took a couple videos. First impressions were that it did sound nicer and a more noticeable and bit deeper sound inside the cabin. Was expecting it to be a bit louder both from outside and inside but will get a better idea once I get to drive the car a bit more.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Dicket do you have any video clip of catless header + Carnewal exhaust?

Will you make one? Please! any drone? thanks

As I have previously posted on another tread, I have also made the jump and had my OEM exhaust modified by Cantrell to the GT Carnewal Exhaust. At the same time I installed the NHP Catless headers.

Well, I have to say I was just hoping I was going to get the results I wanted without being too much of a straight pike effect. I wasn't disappointed!!

The sound in the garage after the install left me wondering if it was too much but outside in the low revs it was still civil with no hard looks for the local law enforcement.

But bring the revs up past 4K and BAM! A wild aggressive, get out of my way, I'm looking for V8 blood, imitators not allowed, here I am kind of music to my ears!

For those who have done the GT change over, you know what improvements to the sound and performance I'm referring to. Cantrell told me they have yet to do a proper dyno comparison but believe it my represent approx 15 HP.

Now add the benefits of the catless headers, being sound and an additional HP increase ( unknown but maybe 5 to 8? ) and I can't see how anyone could possibly be disappointed in this mod. All for under $ 1800!!!

If you are on the fence, don't be. Do it and turn you sedate Cayman back into a 'Mistress'!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I still hold the Carnewal GT exhaust as the single best mod I have done to my car (so far). And I have done plenum/tb, de-snorkle, bmc filter and tune as well. For anyone in Europe looking for a quality sports exhaust that still sounds "porsche" I would by far recommend Carnewal GT and especially their relative new offering of a Cayman R modified exhaust; you get a slightly larger diameter pipe and still retain the porsche sound and quality in material.

P87-2 Carnewal GT exhaust made from new Cayman R mufflers - Carnewal

This is the one I would get had I not already sent my original exhaust to Gert a year ago. Even though the price is more than double. Don't get me wrong, I still love my sound - but I would imagine that this would be slightly better in terms of performance and slightly louder as well. I have no idea if it is offered in USA or not.
I had the modified Cayman R exhaust arrive from Carnewal yesterday.

Should hopefully be getting it fitted on Tuesday, so I'll report back with my thoughts. Quite excited about it!

81 - 100 of 120 Posts