Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The carpet panels behind the passenger seat in my 981 Boxster seem well fitted. The top and bottom pieces press tightly against each other where they meet. Moderate pressure applied to the top piece of carpet results in little, if any, exposure of a space between the carpet panels at the joint. This seems to be the intended design.

However, the same panels behind the drivers side seat have a small space between the panels where they meet. It is as if there is nothing behind the upper piece of carpet to press it tightly against the lower piece (from behind) and create a firm joint where the panels meet. A small amount of pressure on the upper panel reveals a large space between the two panels of carpet. It feels like there is nothing behind it to create a firm joint like on the passenger side.

i can provide a picture in the next few weeks as my car is presently covered up in my garage for the winter.
Does anyone else have this in their 981 Boxster or is it a flaw that is should seek to get repaired under warranty?

Granted, it is not something I will see very often. However, I Have never had carpet/trim panels in cheaper cars that seem so ill fitted. Let alone panels in a 85K+ vehicle.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The following picture is from the passenger side; the carpet panels fit snugly together as you would expect.
image.jpg

Next is a picture on the driver side. The panels are all loose, have a large gap between them and look more at home on a Kia than an $85k vehicle. Frankly, I think the dealership should replace the panels under warranty. Thoughts?

image.jpg

1 - 2 of 2 Posts