Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

Which interior option with Carrara White Metallic

• Black Leather/Alcantara with Red stitching and door pulls

Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Spyder Classic Red Interior with GT silver trim (maybe trim changed to carbon)

Votes: 19 65.5%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am really having trouble deciding on what interior to choose from with Carrara White Metallic exterior. I currently have the Black leather/alcantara with red stitching configured, but I keep going back to the Spyder Classic Red interior. It seems like the consensus on other forums is that this interior wouldn't look good with a white exterior due to the unchangeable interior trim in GT silver metallic. I am about to ask my SA if there is a way he can talk to Porsche exclusive to see if I can keep the classic red interior but change the trim to either painted white, black brushed aluminum, or carbon fiber. My question is what do you guys think? Can the spyder classic interior go well with the Carrara white metallic exterior? I'm also going to ask my SA if I can specify LWB seats as well. I'm not sure if I can, but I'll try. Let me know what you think?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,524 Posts
This is something in which I'd use a whole salt shaker instead of just a grain with the poll results. Color is just to individual a choice. Go with what you like. I would also suggest caution in asking a SO if at all possible. Just might get what's in style today which you'll hate this fall when the fashion changes. Best a poll will do is give you ideas and what will be best for resell. Sounds like you already have ideas.

White has the benefit of going with a lot of interior colors to my eye FWIW. Black, red, grey, brown, even beige. Good luck with this.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I think the red interior really stands out, especially on a convertible. The silver accents look good too! Go red!!

·
Registered
534 Posts
White exterior with a two tone red/black interior is a VERY attractive combination.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
I am debating the same two interiors. I am hoping to see the Classic interior or at least some better pictures before I make up my mind. Both are winners.

when does your order lock?

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Black interior is boring, I know. I have it on my 997. Red stitching makes it a bit more interesting but nothing beats a two tone interior on a roadster. White and red is just a classic combo.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you for all that voted and commented. The more that I look at the limited pictures of the classic interior, and the (albeit poor) representation pictures on the configurator, the more that I like that combo a lot. I had my SA change the interior to the red classic interior. He is still checking with the dealer rep to see if I can change the trim to carbon, painted white, or black brushed aluminum. Someone over on reenlist said that they requested that the trim get painted another color and Porsche exclusive was asking for $2,000 to make the change. That is pretty steep for different color paint, even in regards to Porsche standards, I think. I can't imagine what they'll ask for carbon trim. So I'll probably stick with the way the package comes with GT silver painted trim. It's going to be a long wait!!

Reactions: Mach 2.05 and Arch

·
Incurable Gearhead
964 Posts
Yea, but it's gonna be worth it! What a great color combo.

·
Premium Member
2,524 Posts
Thank you for all that voted and commented. The more that I look at the limited pictures of the classic interior, and the (albeit poor) representation pictures on the configurator, the more that I like that combo a lot. I had my SA change the interior to the red classic interior. He is still checking with the dealer rep to see if I can change the trim to carbon, painted white, or black brushed aluminum. Someone over on reenlist said that they requested that the trim get painted another color and Porsche exclusive was asking for $2,000 to make the change. That is pretty steep for different color paint, even in regards to Porsche standards, I think. I can't imagine what they'll ask for carbon trim. So I'll probably stick with the way the package comes with GT silver painted trim. It's going to be a long wait!!
If painted trim is something you want Bumper Plugs does or a least used to do this. Nothing I can vouch for personally but other posts say that they do very good work. Think it was pretty much any color you wanted. Color match to exterior, contrasting, whatever.

Don't know about carbon but there used to be someone here that offered carbon bits. Real not wrapped. Might be worth going through the sponsors forum.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am debating the same two interiors. I am hoping to see the Classic interior or at least some better pictures before I make up my mind. Both are winners.

when does your order lock?
I am not exactly sure, when my order locks. I secured the allocation this week, and the dealer (apparently a new dealer, with very iexperienced employees), had already specced the car for their lot. I asked if the build can be changed, as I didn't like some of the options that they ordered. He said that a freeze point had been reached. I noticed on their build sheet that the car had reached v210 status and stated "change freeze point reached". He said that his manager said that he was still able to make changes in the dealer configurator, but didn't know what that really meant. I asked him to input my build and send it. He said it worked and sent my build sheet to me. The status code changed from V210 to V150- "order released for PAG" I have since changed my build again to add the buckets and spyder classic interior. He again sent me confirmation via text that it worked and the system accepted the build, but I have not seen the build sheet for that because it was closing time yesterday when he inputed the build. I did some more research on V210 "change freeze point reached" and it seems other people have been able to change certain options on custom orders after reaching this point, but not all options were able to be changed. Sort of like this is a "soft" build lock date. Researched suggests that you truly lock once you reach V250 status. I asked my SA, if he has any dates suggesting estimated milestones the car is expected to reach along the way throughout the build process, but he said he wasn't sure. So after all of that, I'm not sure when exactly my order truly locks. Haha.. Anybody, have any experience with custom orders and can maybe provide some insight on how I can find out when my order will lock? My sales guy did say that the buckets may delay my build. Originally it was scheduled to be built in September and delivered in November.

·
Registered
53 Posts

1 - 14 of 14 Posts