1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
The guy is a moron and gives sports car owners everywhere a bad rap...

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Oh my, oh my. I mean, I get it. Last gen of brutal cars without nannies which, in hands of mere mortals, are WAY worse than Group B cars at full tilt on snow and ice in hands of Walter Röhrl. But Manhattan? Really? The fu$%#ck is WRONG with you, dude?

I have been going out with my lowly Cayman and fully enjoying lighter than usual traffic, but, if anything, I have to drive more careful than before because people are back to driving like drunken cows on Valium. Amazing that, isn't it? Just when they realized this magical thing called "acceleration" helps with traffic moving because it got so congested, this crap happens and everybody is back to driving like wandering cows between cornfields where they grew up.

That said, it is utterly impressive to see those streets completely devoid of cars. I don't think I will be seeing that sight again in my lifetime.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Apparently Mr. Chen owns about $30 million worth of cars, less the CGT of course. The story is that he just lost his mother and brother, not that grief should matter. A little digging reveals that this is by far the first time that he has pranged a supercar.

It’s Probably Time for Gemballa-Smashing Ben Chen to Stop Driving Supercars

Sometimes the rich have different rules.

The roads here, like most other places, are also pretty empty. The exception is police, who seem to be much more visible than normal. I suspect that they are looking for the Mr. Chens of the world, who are taking advantage of the light traffic to show the world their lack of driving skills.

Reactions: Gerry49
1 - 6 of 6 Posts