Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Should I paint them black or get a new black set from Forgeline? How much do you think it would cost to paint them black while leaving the edge unpainted (or with a red pin stripe). Im guessing its gonna cost $700-800. About $200 a wheel.

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Personally not interested, but it might help to show a pic of the 'rash' so others can see what you are talking about.

Just a suggestion.

-Moto

·
Enjoying the drive.
1,265 Posts
I would need to see a picture to decide, but I rarely like all black wheels.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
go powder coating and clear coat it. Depending on where you are, coating runs around 100 to 150 each wheel. Toss in another couple hundred bux for the painted red stripe. I'm planning to do that for my 18's - all black with SY trim.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, the trick is getting that pinstripe along the edge perfect. where the spokes meet the edge it would need to have a perfect paint separation between the inner black and pinstripe. What are Carrera S wheels worth? Its gotta be cost effective to paint these ones up, otherwise theres a point of diminishing returns where its best to get a new set.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I stole someones beautiful car on here and added a red pinstripe. This is how I want my car to eventually look with the painted/pinstriped rims and side insignia decal:

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
I must say, that looks pretty good.

-Moto

I stole someones beautiful car on here and added a red pinstripe. This is how I want my car to eventually look with the painted/pinstriped rims and side insignia decal:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts