Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is a "swimmingpool" it have been parked for some weeks and it have been raining a lot.
Driver side is full of wather on the floor all the way back to the backseat, and is was a lot of water in the back as well
I have removed the seats and floor carpent and got all the water out and it is no drying up.
But i need to find out where the water got in, i suspect some of the drains are not working, anybody know where the dreins are ?
Passenger side are dry

sincerly

Tommy

·
Registered
26 Posts
If you pull the inner fender wells you can see the drains along the fire wall. They are problems plugged with leaves. After you get them out you can take an air nozzle and blow them out good. Mine were plugged and did the same exact thing and even created an issue with my air suspension.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
If you have a sunroof, and if those drains are plugged, water will overflow in the sunroof tray and run down the A pillars to the floor.
In our family we have a 2009 Tiguan, and although the drains were running free, the problem was where the drain hose joined the connector that snaps on to the nipple at each corner of the sunroof tray. We had to pull the headliner down at each corner to apply silicone sealant to the joint, and now no more leaks.
There are YouTube videos with instructions. I would assume the Touareg and Cayenne would have very similar connectors.

Reactions: deilenberger

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello
Sorry for the delay, i have checked out the drains in fire wall and thay are open, i also checked that drains from the sun roof and they are open as well. I tested them with wather and there was no wather inside the car. I have taken out the chairs and floor carpet in order to let it dry out so it is easy to inspect
On the left rear back door, inside cover of the door the underside that sticks in to the car when the door is closed was wet. This was also the case in the right side but the right side of the car is all dry and fine. I cant understand why that happens since the drains under the doors are all open so any water that find the way in to the door sholde be draing out.

So if anybody know of other plaeces i shold look i wil lbe happy to check that out.

Tommy

·
Administrator
'11 Cayenne TT, '09 Boxster
856 Posts
Two things..

On a 955 there is a hole in the firewall in the cowl section, right where the inner fender meets the firewall. It's supposed to have a plug in it. My '06 didn't. The water from the windshield is guided right to that area by the foam water guide under the hinge assembly. My car regularly flooded - until I sealed that hole with a plastic body plug. You have to do some digging to see it - but worth checking. On mine I could see the wiring harness behind the dash right inside the hole.

If there is water running out of the doors, chances are someone has been in them working and didn't reseal the liner behind the door card properly, and water is running down the back of the door-card into the interior. This requires removing the door card and looking to diagnose.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks i will check this tomorrow. Jjust for my understanding, when you refeer to the liner behind the door does you mean the gasket that are between the door and the car whan you look the door ?
And have i understood it correct that the dood card is the panel inside the door
Sorry for this questions

Tommy

·
Administrator
856 Posts
Thanks i will check this tomorrow. Jjust for my understanding, when you refeer to the liner behind the door does you mean the gasket that are between the door and the car whan you look the door ?
And have i understood it correct that the dood card is the panel inside the door
Sorry for this questions

Tommy
There is a membrane glued to the metal part of the door underneath the interior panel (door-card) of the door. Its function is to keep water out of the car when it rains or the car gets washed. If work is done on any of the mechanisms inside the door the membrane has to be removed and reapplied when the work is done. Mechanics often don't bother reapplying it correctly.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Checked out the rubber plug in the fire wall, and I found 4 on each side that was all installed correctly. The gasket in the doors looks all good, they were installed correctly as I could see.

I must check out this membrane tomorrow, I have the inner panels off so that should be easy as long as they are installed.

·
Administrator
856 Posts
No. Membrane = a sheet of plastic, black in color if I remember correctly, glued around the edges over the access holes in the inside steel door panel.

·
Administrator
856 Posts
I just went to the parts listings and the service manual and can't find mention of a membrane being used. Perhaps there isn't one. What I would suggest if you have the inner panels off is - check the drains in the bottom of the door.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Okay I will investigate moore regarding the membran, i cant remember ssing it so it might be that someone have reoved it. I have check the drains form the inner part of the door and they are open

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I can’t find anything that looks like what have ben described as the membrane so I guess that this can be the issues with the doors. I wonder if it is possible that all the water inside the car is due to this? It was like 1 cm with water in the hole drivers’ side of the car.

·
Administrator
856 Posts
I can’t find anything that looks like what have ben described as the membrane so I guess that this can be the issues with the doors. I wonder if it is possible that all the water inside the car is due to this? It was like 1 cm with water in the hole drivers’ side of the car.
Did you read what I wrote above? There may not be a membrane.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes that was the reason I agree since I could not find any, guess I have to wait for the rain and see it gets wet inside and where that might will point me in the right direction

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
If it's coming from your sunroof drain tray the water will flow down the A pillars on the back side of the trim piece and will then flow visibly down the side kick panel onto the floor. Check for signs of water there.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts