Registered
1,072 Posts
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Reactions: James III

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, it's not "as awkward" as the BMW atrocities, but it still is awful. The exterior is sharper than a regular Cayenne, but the interior is severely compromised. It's a vehicle without a function or purpose, other than profits.
I understand the segments for the Panamera (the sedan), the Cayenne (the SUV) and the Macan (essentially a hot hatch).
But this is what you get if you combine those three cars, removing their best features, and created one ghastly vehicle.
Sorry, these 4 door "coupes" on roids dont do it for me.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Yes, it's not "as awkward" as the BMW atrocities, but it still is awful. The exterior is sharper than a regular Cayenne, but the interior is severely compromised. It's a vehicle without a function or purpose, other than profits.
I understand the segments for the Panamera (the sedan), the Cayenne (the SUV) and the Macan (essentially a hot hatch).
But this is what you get if you combine those three cars, removing their best features, and created one ghastly vehicle.
Well, hopefully it can still tow because the cargo capacity must be tiny...and it's not like the Cayenne had generous luggage space to begin with. The Cayenne coupe is definitely not something that interests me.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,776 Posts
OMG! I couldn’t disagree more, yet... I have different takes.

But let me start with saying this:
1) I never ever found an SUV that looks good. I buy them because they’re practical, but all to me look ugly (from the exterior perspective) including the Macan, Cayenne, GLE, X5, Bentayga and Urus... etc.
2) I find all SUV Coupe more ugly than regular SUVs especially the ones from Mercedes and BMW.
3) however, the Cayenne Coupe dropped my jaw. I find it the best looking SUV, and that Cayenne should’ve looked this way right from the beginning.
4) the interior comes in different colors and options, forget what’s shown in the article. That’s ugly I agree.
5) performance, 3.5 seconds 0-60 (the turbo model) tested and bested both the Bentayge, Urus and every SUV under the sun. For the love of God, that’s mad quick for a sports car let along for an SUV.
6) I visited the showroom in hope of seeing one. And I’m on the list for the launch event.
7) upon trying to configure one online, that’s ridiculously overpriced (in reference for the turbo model). I couldn’t justify going north of $200k for an SUV that I always buy for their practicality. For the definition of practicality in my dictionary means reliable and not expensive.
8) having said that, I’ll be looking for a used Cayenne Coupe turbo in the used market to meet my practicality standards. ��

PS I’m an old member here who’s been away for years from this forum. Big hello to my old mates (not sure how many still hangs around here) and the new.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts