Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just caught a Porsche ad on Nat Geo Channel. Had a bunch of cool cars revving. The Cayman and race cars looks pretty cool. I think there was a GT in there. Then the punch line: it was an ad for a Porsche-rebranded Touareg :rolleyes:

Sales must be down..

·
Registered
145 Posts
i caught the television and print ads for the cayenne gts. what color is that? seems a little darker than guards red...

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
How Porsche makes the Cayenne a "GTS"

Ok so this is how Porsche makes the cayenne s a gts:
1. 20bhp (16whp) more by The revised intake manifold and engine management system.
2. shorter final-drive ratio which increases acceleration.
3. standard sports exhaust system.
4. PASM with standard Air suspension. The ride height has been lowered by 20 mm with air suspension to improve handling and high-speed stability.
5. 21-inch Cayenne Sport wheels.
6. red-caliper brakes with internally vented discs measuring 350 mm in diameter at the front.
7. an aero package.
8. Cayenne GTS badges.

I dont want to hear anymore stuff about our Cayman GT's not having the right to call them GT or GTS or GTR. We have way greater performance improvements than what porsche did to the cayenne s.
:D

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Isn't the most important feature of the GTS that its an 8-cylinder Cayenne with a six-speed?

Edit: For the U.S. its the only way to get a stick with the V8. I realize now that in Europe and elsewhere there is the option to get a stick with the Cayenne S. Anyone know why that isn't the case in the US? BTW, my dad has a V6 Cayenne with a stick and it is pretty nice, just a little slugish. I imagine the GTS must be real nice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts