Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

Just wanted to share the happy news that the occasional rough idle I experienced with my 2.9 PDK has been fixed. The key, as you might expect, was going to a knowledgeable service department / dealer.

Two trips (several months apart) to Pepe Porsche in White Plains, NY resulted in them claiming "a rough idle is normal for these cars". During the last trip to Pepe, I had the oil changed. Shortly afterward, the "check oil level" message kept popping up. The display was showing overfilled. I thought "no way...not after a factory-authorized service. it must be the sensor." Whatever it was, I decided to try another dealership.

I work in the city, so Manhattan Motorcars/Porsche was convenient. They agreed that the idle seemed rough and one quick check of the computer determined that the software was never updated as instructed by the factory.

They also confirmed that the car was overfilled with oil.

A few downloads later and a half quart lighter, my car is running smoother than it did they day I picked it up.

If you're in the NY area, Manhattan Porsche is simply the best. Ask for Mark.

·
Premium Member
1,502 Posts
Good to hear, I realize the 2.9L isn't DFI, but the one thing I find with ALL DFI cars is the idle are rougher than non DFI's

1 - 2 of 2 Posts