Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New member here awaiting delivery of my first Porsche at age 54. Awaiting delivery of a black 2014 Cayman next week.

I really like the Rotiform STR wheels on Porsche 911's, etc. Would it be possible to fit the following specs on my model Cayman? I'm sorry for the fitment questions, but I'm still trying to wrap my head around offset's, etc. Thank you for any advice and suggestions.

18x8.5” ET 46
18x11” ET 40

Jim

Automotive tire Hubcap Tread Alloy wheel Synthetic rubber

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
My front is 8.5 and offset is 53 so you will need spacer. My rear is 10" and offset is 40 so with your 11" I think it may stick out a little too far. Let's see what others will say.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I don't know how well they would fit, but if they do, they will look wicked!

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't know how well they would fit, but if they do, they will look wicked!

Thank you, Snake

Yes, I would like to see if other's have input too. I'm seeing conflicting reports from threads here and other forums about it working.

·
Registered
2008 Cayman RS (my version) and 2010 GT3
699 Posts
I think they’d work. I’ve seen 19 and 18x11 +46 fit, your +40 is only going to be 3mm per side, so depending on camber and ride height you should be okay. Visit Apex’s fitments and see what they use

·
Registered
2 Posts
welcome to the P-car club…..I also bought my first one at age 54 and loving every minute of it!! I have 19” OZ Leggeras on my car with 19x8.5 ET53 and 19x10 ET40 and this is how yours would look except the front will be pushed out to the fender by 7mm (about 1/4”) and rears by 1.0”. Mine has PASM so the ride height is reduced by 10mm and have had no issues with the tires rubbing. I’m using stock sizes 235/265 so the tires are “stretched” a bit. I plan to upsize to 245/275 for my next set to fill out the wheel well a bit more. You may have to use lower profile tires in the rear if you stick to 11” wheels as 265 may not fit and will have to go wider.
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Car Vehicle

·
Registered
699 Posts
welcome to the P-car club…..I also bought my first one at age 54 and loving every minute of it!! I have 19” OZ Leggeras on my car with 19x8.5 ET53 and 19x10 ET40 and this is how yours would look except the front will be pushed out to the fender by 7mm (about 1/4”) and rears by 1.0”. Mine has PASM so the ride height is reduced by 10mm and have had no issues with the tires rubbing. I’m using stock sizes 235/265 so the tires are “stretched” a bit. I plan to upsize to 245/275 for my next set to fill out the wheel well a bit more. You may have to use lower profile tires in the rear if you stick to 11” wheels as 265 may not fit and will have to go wider. View attachment 275386 View attachment 275387
It would be half that on both. 7mm front / 3.5mm and 25mm / 12.5mm
I have 19x10 +30mm and with 2 deg/neg it’s close to flush… I could go another 3-5mm out

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone! This "Old Guy" is slammed at work right now. I'll look over suggestions later this afternoon and reply back. Thank you all so much. Keep them coming. I'm truly new to understanding wheel fitment. Have a great day - "The Old Guy". :)

·
Registered
350 Posts
Just for the record, I'm probably the OLDest guy, so far. I was just expressing my gratitude to you younger old guys.

Really looking forward to the pics of this soon to arrive Porsche

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just for the record, I'm probably the OLDest guy, so far. I was just expressing my gratitude to you younger old guys.

Really looking forward to the pics of this soon to arrive Porsche

Lol... I'm with you Snake!

I'll start a build thread once I figure out this weekend if I'm going to pick it up or have it shipped.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Those fronts will work. I have 19x8.5 +48 (no spacers) with a 245-35 and I could run 5mm spacer and be perfectly flush… also depends on camber… but mine isn’t real aggressive up front on this car. I’m a
Track functional stance guy… function before fashion always

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts