Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi

I have a 2014 Cayman and the AC would only blow warm air at idle for the past few weeks. AC worked normally at speed. I took it in for service to my dealer and the say the fans are caked in mud and both need to be replaced with the servos. Also, they are stating this is not covered under warranty. They are working on a price at this time. Has anyone else ever had this issue? It is a daily driver, and was garaged for the winter. Any insight to what may have caused this and how to prevent it from happening again, would be appreciated.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Mud? Wow. I would love to hear how mud can kill a fan unless it is seriously caked in there.

I had an AC condenser taken out by a rock. Grill guards help.

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello All..

Update... After changing his story on a few occasions the SA finally admitted that the fans where corroded and encrusted in dust. He still said I had to pay for this since he had never seen it before, and he had no idea how it happened. So, I spoke with PCNA and followed their advice ,and involved the regional technician,who agreed that this should be covered under warranty. This is a good thing.. they wanted $1500 to fix it. BTW... no one knows how or why this happened.

PS First mod I did was to install Zunsports Grille Guards..

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Hello All.. Update... After changing his story on a few occasions the SA finally admitted that the fans where corroded and encrusted in dust. He still said I had to pay for this since he had never seen it before, and he had no idea how it happened. So, I spoke with PCNA and followed their advice ,and involved the regional technician,who agreed that this should be covered under warranty. This is a good thing.. they wanted $1500 to fix it. BTW... no one knows how or why this happened. PS First mod I did was to install Zunsports Grille Guards..
If this is true, this dealer needs to be named, shamed, and reviewed appropriately in the PCNA survey. That's what the surveys (and this forum) are for.

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi

The dealer was Porsche of Westwood, Westwood MA. The service adviser was Steve... I would like to thank Rebecca of PCNA who was informational and supportive during this whole process.

Reactions: Noah Fect
1 - 6 of 6 Posts