Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got 0 cars between feb and may... I hope all of you negotiated early because i have a feeling prices are going to go up.

Only car i got is a june build 2011.

Ugh... Porsche, please send more cars.

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
I knew Porsche said the were cutting back on allocations but this is a bit much! This isn't a GT3-RS ya know! By the way how many of those did you guys get?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Yikes! Glad I just got confirmation from my dealer that my car is getting built right now... sounds like I barely got it in.

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
Looking around at the two dealers near me, tons of 911s, lots of Boxsters, lots of Cayennes, and a few Panameras. Most of the initial shipments of 2010s are now in.

TWO Caymans at each local dealers lot, by FAR the fewest inventory of any model.

Reasons IMO....

Great publicity lately.
People really wondering "why" 911 now.
Porsche really wants to sell the higher margin 911 & Panameras over the Cayman

Porsche could easily build more, as there seems to be many new Boxsters out there. It benefits them to have the car scarce at the moment. Less threat to the 911 and pricing can now go up or no discounts given.

·
Registered
6,829 Posts
Is this possibly related to the move of production from Finland to Austria?
No. With the VW merger, they have already asked Magna (the Austrian company) to cancel the impending contract. They will probably use a VW assembly facility for extra capacity if they still need to farm-out Cayman and/or Boxster assembly.

brad

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
we got 3 box spyders... and i sold all three... one to tpc, one to a CC member and one to an RS customer. hot car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts