Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone tried to order the Cayman / Boxster GTS exhaust from their dealer to fit their 981 / 981 S???

I have tried in the UK, however, the dealers are saying the manufacuring part isnt listed to fit the non GTS models so they are unable to buy against my chassis number although it will fit!

Clear example of "the computer says no" so its a no!

Thanks,
Jamie

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
I didn't even know there was a difference from the S to the GTS when it comes to PSE.

·
Registered
186 Posts
IIRC, the GTS has a sound symposer (pipe T'd off from the intake manifold to the cabin with a valve that opens/closes with the PSE button). Other than that, I wasn't aware of any changes.

I'm feeling like somebody needs to get an S and GTS together and do some testing :) I do remember my dealership saying how much they loved the new sound of the GTS, but I chalked this up to the symposer.

·
Registered
583 Posts
I didn't even know there was a difference from the S to the GTS when it comes to PSE.
The part numbers are identical in the PET for left and right mufflers for PSE. There was a PN change at one point it seems for both the S and GTS but no difference between them at all other than the exhaust tip color.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
IIRC, the GTS has a sound symposer (pipe T'd off from the intake manifold to the cabin with a valve that opens/closes with the PSE button). Other than that, I wasn't aware of any changes.

I'm feeling like somebody needs to get an S and GTS together and do some testing :) I do remember my dealership saying how much they loved the new sound of the GTS, but I chalked this up to the symposer.
My friend just received his Boxster GTS, and trust me, they sound very different! The sound is GRITTY more raw!....just can’t buy it! Spoke with another dealer today, and apparently, they are fabricated in a slightly different shape to accommodate the re-worked rear under carriage of the GTS so they won’t fit non GTS models.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Reeves Porsche in Florida will modify your current exhaust to more of a GT4 style exhaust for about $600. This is mentioned on 6speedonline.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Reeves Porsche in Florida will modify your current exhaust to more of a GT4 style exhaust for about $600. This is mentioned on 6speedonline.
Please elaborate :)...is this for a PSE or stick exhaust?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts
I think it sounds really good! Going to check into having it done to mine,

·
Registered
583 Posts
My friend just received his Boxster GTS, and trust me, they sound very different! The sound is GRITTY more raw!....just can’t buy it! Spoke with another dealer today, and apparently, they are fabricated in a slightly different shape to accommodate the re-worked rear under carriage of the GTS so they won’t fit non GTS models.
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the PSE systems are identical. Part numbers are the same for the PSE mufflers as is the undercarriage of the GTS compared to the S with PASM. The software tune to the GTS plus the sound symposer makes the difference I am sure.

I do think there was a running change made to the PSE last year as there was a 1 digit part number shift for all models. Mufflers were superseded to a new part number. So it is entirely possible that an early 2014 car with PSE may sound different than a later 2015 car.

Reactions: tackhead
1 - 14 of 14 Posts