Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
701 - 720 of 793 Posts

·
Banned
3,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #701 (Edited)
It is adjustable, search back in this thread a few pages and you will see how. I had to move mine back a little bit as well. Easy to do, but do it otherwise each trip over 75 mph will take some paint with it :)
Exactly .. If this happens it's not the wing it's your struts are out of alignment ..

We discovered that the Porsche oem rear wing struts are not always aligned correctly after the car has been driven ..some move slightly out of alignment after time and some cars do not ..however they are adjustable if need be ..

If you take off the top part of the spoiler and look into the two holes at the end in the bottom part, there are two 13 mm nuts. These nuts have a washer attached that "spins" on it own. The nuts screw on to an 8mm stud and hold the lower half of the spoiler in place. The hole in the aluminum insert in the spoiler bottom half is13mm so with the stud at 8mm you have up to 5mm left, right, forward or back movement of the spoiler once it's all screwed screwed in place.
The 8mm stud also has a 4mm Allen key socket in the top and is threaded into the raising and lowering cylinder, so you can screw it in or out and that will raise or lower the spoiler.
Unfortunately you have to make a small adjustments, put it all together, try it, take it apart and keep making fine adjustments so you don't damage the paint when you close the hatchback. Once you're satisfied with the left, right ,up, down gaps between the spoiler, bodywork and hatchback lid when it's closed, you can take it apart one last time, tightened up everything and put the wing back on.
The adjustments are very subtle, but there is enough movement to make sure the wing doesn't touch the bodywork, hatchback or rub the paint.

Thanks ED !!!!

for instructions with pictures please give me your E-Mail adress and I will send them to you

·
Registered
35 Posts
Ok the adjustments worked. You might want to include instructions with the wing because it's not exactly intuitive that you might have to make these adjustments or risk having paint permanently scraped off your hatch as in my case.

·
Banned
3,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #703 (Edited)
New prices starting on the 15th of June 2012 ..
The 282 weave will be by special order now and the twill weave will be offered for the cf rear wings as standard CF weave ..prices as of 6/15 will be 949.00 all cf
624.00 all black gel coat
Pait any wing any style or the whole wing 100.00 :thanks:

We have sold 98 rear wings so far ! Get your orders in today !
All cf only 849.00 only untill the 15th

·
Banned
3,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #704
Check this out

Vduc's all CF rear wing in Twill Weave 2x thicker and Painted Guards Red M Style ..Thats what I am talking about !!!! WOW!!:cheers:

bottom is all CF

·
Registered
160 Posts
Re: Check this out

Vduc's all CF rear wing in Twill Weave 2x thicker and Painted Guards Red M Style ..Thats what I am talking about !!!! WOW!!:cheers:
bottom is all CF
Looks great, and will even look better on my car...ship it! Thanks!

It's going to be an early Christmas, new wing and Remus exhaust should be here soon. :)

·
Banned
3,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #706
new Twill with Carerra White M style !!

Man , Troy sent me these photos and I am really happy !!!! perfect color match on the Carerra White !!! Thanks Troy !! Looks HOT!!
Rosalyn - Your duplicate wing of his has been ordered ;)

Attachments

·
Banned
3,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #707
twill M style In Black

Alvin in Hawaii .. here is your wing :) looks SWEET!!!!!!!!! :cheers:

all 100% CF Twill weave Painted Black M style .. would look great on any color car IMO ...get your orders in today :dance:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am new to the site and would like to order a cf wing for my guards red 2012 987 boxster s. Can someone give me the contact?

Thanks

Alan

·
Registered
160 Posts
After conversing with Pete I decided to upgrade from the standard all carbon wing to the 2x2 weave carbon and with M-style done in Guards Red on the Cayman S. This new wing exceeds my expectations and really ties in well with car. Next I’ll need carbon or black vents, mirrors and wheels to pull all together.

Excuse the dirty car picture, caught in the rain today.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Re: new Twill with Carerra White M style !!

Man , Troy sent me these photos and I am really happy !!!! perfect color match on the Carerra White !!! Thanks Troy !! Looks HOT!!
Rosalyn - Your duplicate wing of his has been ordered ;)
Awesome!! Looks good cant wait to get it :)

·
Registered
362 Posts

got mine in the mail, unfortunately I won't be able to install it till sept. Anyone run with this wing on a track day? I'm curious because on our local track I used to get 125mph on the front straight in my M coupe, I would be embarrassed if the wing ripped off during a high speed run.

·
Premium Member
85 Posts

I don't know if this helps, but I had mine at 115 at the main straight Watkins Glen, and it held up fine (mine is full CF).

Also my drive to work is mostly highway; intalled mine at least 6 months ago. I sustain highway (and warp) speeds routinely. No issues. I had my wife follow me to see if there was any noticeable movement and there was none at all.

Hope that helps.
:cheers:

got mine in the mail, unfortunately I won't be able to install it till sept. Anyone run with this wing on a track day? I'm curious because on our local track I used to get 125mph on the front straight in my M coupe, I would be embarrassed if the wing ripped off during a high speed run.

·
Registered
995 Posts
I ran with mine at Memphis two weekends ago, getting up to 140 (138 on Harry's Lap Pro) on the straight, with the wing in the up position and had no problems whatsoever.
In fact, I ran with both the fluid987.com wing and splitters, and other than some track rash on the splitters, they were fantastic! Not only are they track-tested, at some of the highest speeds I've done at a DE, but they look fantastic.
I got plenty of compliments and envious looks from 911 and Cayman drivers.

·
Banned
3,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #715
The latest

just finished another all CF with Carerra white rear wingpainted M style !!! this one is heading to Florida!!! 987girl :cheers::thanks:

Attachments

·
Registered
116 Posts
Re: The latest

just finished another all CF with Carerra white rear wingpainted M style !!! this one is heading to Florida!!! 987girl :cheers::thanks:

Looks good but I hope your not sending it to FLorida cause I'm in Georgia :taunt:

·
Banned
3,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #717

Looks good but I hope your not sending it to FLorida cause I'm in Georgia :taunt:
I know I just shipped it and saw that :taunt:

its on its way !!!!!

shipped a all Black Gel coat rear wing as well today (ready for paint ) to PA

:thanks:

·
Poverty by Porsche
515 Posts

I know I just shipped it and saw that :taunt:

its on its way !!!!!

shipped a all Black Gel coat rear wing as well today (ready for paint ) to PA

:thanks:
I have a black S, what is your recommendation for paint and the trailing edge design? My girlfriend said I could get one...

Thanks,

Mick

·
Banned
3,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #719 (Edited)

I have a black S, what is your recommendation for paint and the trailing edge design? My girlfriend said I could get one...

Thanks,

Mick
Well I have seen quite a lot of these and I will give you my own personal opinion as to what I would do now that I have seen almost every color and design ..I have the same color car as you so this is what going on my car but I am matching the outside morrors ,outside with my Turbo Styled Vents ,and front lower spoiler so I am doing a full accent theme ..

My choice for the black Cayman if money were not in the equation
all CF 2x2 weave Meteor Grey top Painted M style ;)

here are a few pics of some options ,all are all CF with M style painting except pic # 5 ..that is an all CF rear wing in the 1x1 weave ,that weave is tighter looking

If I am on a budget all black Gel Coat rear wing painted Black then the top painted Meteor Grey M style ;)

This Meteor Grey color REALLY accents the Black in a PERFECT accent IMO ,not too overpowering but subtle enough to make a difference

the all black painted M style with CF rear wing is a very popular choice as well :thanks:

last day of the month !!! PM me if you want a deal !!!:cheers:

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts

It looks very nice in white w/the CF edge exposed :cheers:

701 - 720 of 793 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.